Madonna

General discussion | 1 topic per artist | Old music forums are in the "Archive" section at the bottom for further reference (read only)
onebigfan

Re: Madonna

Postby onebigfan » 10 Jan 2017, 18:31

Ok, what's going on with the DVD? I thought we'd be having the Rebel Heart Tour DVD in our Christmas stockings last year, but no ...
Jamie

Postby Jamie » 10 Jan 2017, 21:04

I'm so tired of Madonna fans complaining about this bloody DVD! It got aired on TV over Christmas and is due for release in February allegedly. It's not even been a year since it ended!
KingOfSpiceWorld

Postby KingOfSpiceWorld » 11 Jan 2017, 01:52

Jamie wrote:I'm so tired of Madonna fans complaining about this bloody DVD! It got aired on TV over Christmas and is due for release in February allegedly. It's not even been a year since it ended!

I think you're confusing rebel heart with the return of the spice girls. Plus there are songs and segments that were cut to reach 120 minutes running time.
Jamie

Postby Jamie » 11 Jan 2017, 02:22

As a member of MadonnaInfinity, I can confirm that people have been moaning about this DVD since March 2016. And yes, things got cut but it's been on TV at least - more than ROTSG ever got!
BootyliciousJosh

Postby BootyliciousJosh » 11 Jan 2017, 06:09

Jamie wrote:As a member of MadonnaInfinity, I can confirm that people have been moaning about this DVD since March 2016. And yes, things got cut but it's been on TV at least - more than ROTSG ever got!

I'm a member too :D And I agree, people have been moaning about it for a long time on there.
Jamie

Postby Jamie » 11 Jan 2017, 15:12

They really have, the second the tour wrapped they wanted the damn DVD.
Trace Adam

Postby Trace Adam » 31 Jan 2017, 06:42

Just finished this :dee:

Postby SpiceWonderland » 13 Feb 2017, 13:46

Late to the party, but I finally listened to Rebel Heart! It's really good, but I think I prefer MDNA. Ghosttown, Holy Water, and Joan of Arc are my favourites.
onebigfan

Postby onebigfan » 18 Feb 2017, 10:20

No DVD then I take it - why do artists always disappoint when it comes to releasing tour DVDs. Surely by now they should know that fans expect to buy one after every tour, sigh.
Jamie

Postby Jamie » 18 Feb 2017, 13:18

*eyeroll*
Glindathegood

Postby Glindathegood » 20 Feb 2017, 17:32

onebigfan wrote:No DVD then I take it - why do artists always disappoint when it comes to releasing tour DVDs. Surely by now they should know that fans expect to buy one after every tour, sigh.

I'm sure it's still coming out, just delayed. Every tour of hers has had a DVD. I'm sure this one will as well. Because she sold the rights to various tv stations, they won't let her release it right away because they want to show repeats of it to get more viewers.

Also I read it was supposed to come out as part of a bigger project. Perhaps she is filming or recording other things to package with it.
With concert DVD's, now with youtube where you can see the concert right after it happens, for me I don't get excited about buying them unless they include stuff I haven't seen like a documentary or previously unreleased tracks. What's the point?
Jamie

Postby Jamie » 20 Feb 2017, 22:11

Glindathegood wrote:Every tour of hers has had a DVD.

Re-Invention didn't.
mattz10101
Custom Title: SpiceUpYourLife.

Postby mattz10101 » 21 Feb 2017, 00:44

Jamie wrote:

Re-Invention didn't.

Blond Ambition technically didn't get a DVD release either lol
There are about a handful of professionally recorded shows but only a couple got a release either on VHS or laser disc.
Jay
Mod

Postby Jay » 22 Feb 2017, 16:10

It's been 30 years since 'Open Your Heart' hit #1 in the US! Her fifth #1.

February is the month of love and, coincidentally, it's been 30 years since 'Open Your Heart' - one of Madonna's biggest and best pledges for love - reached #1 on the Billboard charts.

The story goes that 'Open Your Heart' started out as a rock and roll number for Cyndi Lauper, but was eventually given the dance-pop treatment from Patrick Leonard and became the first recording in the True Blue sessions. It's hard to deny that, in its final form, 'Open Your Heart' is 80s pop at its finest. Madonna knows the importance of holding the listener's attention at every point of a song, right from the moment the first few notes kick in, and this intro is nothing short of striking. The original drum beat getting started; the twinkly keyboard melody; the whispered "watch out!" that assures the listener they're about to be be witness to something truly remarkable - it's all so exciting and throws you right into the song. Madonna mixes sadness and hope in the verses as she plays with the idea of there being a special someone for everyone but recognises that, for various reasons, there may be something preventing this love from truly igniting. The chorus, as ever, summaries the main message of the song through short and snappy hooks; Madonna uses an analogy of keys and locks fitting to represent two people compatible with one another, with an encouragement to push through the trials and tribulation to allow the love to flourish. It's a simple message but one that works so well in pop and it gives Madonna the chance to really sell the track with her yearning, high and low ranged vocal.

http://www.buzzjack.com/forums/index.ph ... pic=198320
BootyliciousJosh

Postby BootyliciousJosh » 21 Mar 2017, 21:03

A demo of Erotica leaked yesterday titled Love Hurts.
Glindathegood

Postby Glindathegood » 04 Apr 2017, 11:19

Jamie wrote:

Re-Invention didn't.

Not of the whole concert, but it had the DVD of the documentary that had clips of the tour. Blond Ambition had Truth or Dare on DVD. So it had a DVD associated with them, if not the whole show.

She said on her instagram that is coming out in August combined with the Tears of the Clown acoustic show.
BootyliciousJosh

Postby BootyliciousJosh » 13 May 2017, 07:38

The designer said the image in the corner isn't the official cover, just a poster. Not sure if the bg image is the cover.
MADONNA announces the release of its "MADONNA: REBEL HEART TOUR" phenomenon on September 15, 2017 at Eagle Vision in several versions:
DVD, Blu-ray with bonus tracks, dual CDs of 22 titles, and CD + DVD and CD + Blu-ray versions, the CD of these versions containing the best moments of the concert.
Recorded around the world, the film "MADONNA: REBEL HEART TOUR", offers both totally new images on stage and behind the scenes, culminating with the concert given in Australia in March 2016 at the Sydney Qudos Bank Arena.
Latest singles from his album "Rebel Heart" or great classics venerated by the fans, the tracklisting of "MADONNA: REBEL HEART TOUR" covers all the decades of the career of the iconic star.

Return to “Music”