Why no leaks from Mel B?

From UK to LA, Todays The Day To Post Away
SpiceWonderland

Re: Why no leaks from Mel B?

Postby SpiceWonderland » 06 Dec 2016, 05:59

One of the songs was about Eddie Murphy, so even if she could, I doubt she'd release it. (Since they're on better terms these days).
Sergiospice
Custom Title: El chico latino

Postby Sergiospice » 31 Dec 2016, 12:59

Javi wrote:
mad_ad wrote:i mean just one b-side from the Hot era??

The 'Hot' era had no b-sides. 'Sophisticated Lady' was the b-side to 'Word Up', that was a stand alone single for the Austin Powers movie and wasn't even included on the album.

Actually it was included in the Japanese edition.
spice_of_life

Postby spice_of_life » 31 Dec 2016, 13:28

Apparently there's a few in existence from the LA State of Mind sessions, but Mel's cleaner can be heard singing along in the background as she washed the dishes and has threatened legal action should they leek.

#Who'sLeeKing
Javi
Custom Title: f.k.a. IER

Postby Javi » 02 Jan 2017, 12:57

Sergiospice wrote:
Javi wrote:

The 'Hot' era had no b-sides. 'Sophisticated Lady' was the b-side to 'Word Up', that was a stand alone single for the Austin Powers movie and wasn't even included on the album.

I knew someone would point that out. 'Step To Me' was also included in the Japanese edition of 'Spiceworld' and we don't count it as a single nor as a track from that album. The 'Hot' era began with 'Tell Me' in 2000, not with 'Word Up' in 1999.

'Word Up' isn't a single from 'Hot', same as 'I Want You Back', 'What I Am' and 'Goodbye' weren't proper singles from 'Hot', 'AGLM' and 'Forever' either, they were just included because they were big hits but at the time of their release they were one-off singles, not the lead singles from the albums that followed later on, so it makes no sense to include none of those singles (and their b-sides) inside their respective albums' eras.
-If you really bug me, then I'll say goodbye.
GZ10

Postby GZ10 » 02 Jan 2017, 14:22

Ah "Whose Is It" lol, I totally forgot about that song. That intro with "YAH IM BRITISH! SAY WUTTTT, THE ILLEST OF THA ILLEST" and the line about the hokey-pokey are so cringe worthy lol. The rest isn't bad though.
Sergiospice
Custom Title: El chico latino

Postby Sergiospice » 02 Jan 2017, 16:35

Javi wrote:
Sergiospice wrote:
Javi wrote:

I knew someone would point that out. 'Step To Me' was also included in the Japanese edition of 'Spiceworld' and we don't count it as a single nor as a track from that album. The 'Hot' era began with 'Tell Me' in 2000, not with 'Word Up' in 1999.

'Word Up' isn't a single from 'Hot', same as 'I Want You Back', 'What I Am' and 'Goodbye' weren't proper singles from 'Hot', 'AGLM' and 'Forever' either, they were just included because they were big hits but at the time of their release they were one-off singles, not the lead singles from the albums that followed later on, so it makes no sense to include none of those singles (and their b-sides) inside their respective albums' eras.

I agree with what you say about it being a one-off single. Yet, to say that it wasn't included in Hot is technically wrong as it was included in the Japanese edition. It wasn't originally recorded during the Hot sessions, yet it was included in the Japanese edition because of its relative success -it wasn't even a big hit.
Javi
Custom Title: f.k.a. IER

Postby Javi » 03 Jan 2017, 12:20

^When I said it wasn't included on the album it's obvious I meant the general edition of the album. That's like saying Holler's MAW Remix is a Forever album track that was included on the album just because it was a bonus track in the Japanese edition.
-If you really bug me, then I'll say goodbye.
SpiceWonderland

Postby SpiceWonderland » 03 Jan 2017, 17:24

Lifted this from an old thread, but it's a quote of a quote, so not direct from her Q&A. Supposedly there's 10 songs she recorded.
*Babyboy* wrote:I don't think it's about the new album coz she said to a fan question..

I need yo know when your new 'reimagined' cd comes out? it seems i've been waitung forever! also is the song on you tube 'whose is it' official? thanks-miki

whats reimagined,never have i named a cd that.......plus no the song isn't official,i just did a work session with scott storch,cos my studio time last year all got put on hold [at least 10 songs] due to one of my partners doing fraud,not pretty,i gotta get myself in the studio and start from scratch,so gonna have to wait alittle longer,tell me about it,it sucks!!
Amaranthine18

Postby Amaranthine18 » 04 Jan 2017, 05:38

SpiceWonderland wrote:Lifted this from an old thread, but it's a quote of a quote, so not direct from her Q&A. Supposedly there's 10 songs she recorded.
*Babyboy* wrote:I don't think it's about the new album coz she said to a fan question..

I need yo know when your new 'reimagined' cd comes out? it seems i've been waitung forever! also is the song on you tube 'whose is it' official? thanks-miki

whats reimagined,never have i named a cd that.......plus no the song isn't official,i just did a work session with scott storch,cos my studio time last year all got put on hold [at least 10 songs] due to one of my partners doing fraud,not pretty,i gotta get myself in the studio and start from scratch,so gonna have to wait alittle longer,tell me about it,it sucks!!

I hope those 10 songs leak too!!!!!! LOL!
*Babyboy*
Previous username(s): babymen

Postby *Babyboy* » 04 Jan 2017, 11:47

Even the leakers are not interested in Mel B....LOL.

Return to “Melanie B”