MOTM Album appreciation thread

According To All Sources, This Forum's The Place To Go!
TXSpice99

MOTM Album appreciation thread

Postby TXSpice99 » 21 Dec 2016, 00:24

I'm not one to usually start a thread -- but seeing there wasn't somewhere I could solely express my love for this album -- thought I'd go first. So with that in mind, my original thought on this album leak was that it was going to be a terrible collection of half-done songs and demos. Im pleasantly surprised to say that I can't seem to get enough of this album -- I have it on non-stop repeat in my car! My fave song on here is 'If You Love Someone' (such honest lyrics with a sweet melody - can easily b played on country radio I say!), followed by 'Get Involved' as well as 'Miracles' and 'Love & Light' -- seems everyday I have another one her songs stuck in my head which is how I know I absolutely just looooooooooove this album!!! Thank u Geri!!!!! TBH -- Phenomenal Woman is prob the only song I find myself skipping sometimes (meh -- kinda cheesy). What about you all? Fave song? Worst song? Have a change of heart on this album after a few hundred plays?
BostonBeebs81

Re: MOTM Album appreciation thread

Postby BostonBeebs81 » 21 Dec 2016, 01:12

I don't know if it's because it's been so long since we've had an entire album of songs by her but I honestly absolutely love the album. I think it's miles better than Passion. I've listened to this album almost every day since I first heard it and I'm not sick of it at all. I'd have to say the songs that really stand out for me are Humanity (positive, radio friendly), Man On The Mountain (classic clever Geri lyrics), Phenomenal Woman (I think this has Spice written all over it), Without Love (so beautiful and haunting) and I've Got A Name (so nice to hear such a stripped down song from her).
I will say my least favorite song is probably "If You Love Someone" and it's truly only because I cannot handle her high notes on the bridge: "Don't let love be a stranger, It's all in your head, goodbye pain and danger..." are so cringeworthy to me I try to fast forward that part when it comes on. If she had sung those in an appropriate register I'd probably consider this album flawless.
I seriously hope she somehow releases some of these songs on a mastered album. With that said, no matter what happens, I am SO glad we got to hear it!
schizophonic_spice

Postby schizophonic_spice » 21 Dec 2016, 01:40

It's a fantastic album have literally re listened to it all over fifty times now lol

I also don't know if I like it so much just because it's been so long without a full body of new work from her or not but it's a great album. My fave changes with every re listen which is quite unusual for me.

Love and Light is definitely the best track though imo I want it in 320kbps the most.
PopIsHot
Custom Title: Hotter Now

Postby PopIsHot » 21 Dec 2016, 01:53

It is better than Mel C's fourth album, though a lot of the songs sounded demo-ish. Love & Light is such a tune! Best Geri track in over a decade!

It's the sound that's in my soul
And beating heart
It's the song that binds us and reminds us why we're here tonight
If the stars would sing, they'd sing out every line.....

We are we are we are we are love and light!!!!

:music:
Sparrow

Postby Sparrow » 21 Dec 2016, 02:04

I dislike many of the songs, but I absolutely LOVE "Love and Light" and "Without Love". They're some of the best solo spice tracks ever!
Amaranthine18

Postby Amaranthine18 » 21 Dec 2016, 06:27

Signed!!!!

Love and Light, MOTM and Humanity stand out.

A billion times better than bullied spice's VOM.
NearlyCivilized
Custom Title: vegans do it better

Postby NearlyCivilized » 21 Dec 2016, 10:54

I also love this album. Although I seem to be in the minority... The only 2 songs I'm not a big fan of are 'Man on the Mountain' & 'Humanity'. For MOTM, it's really the chorus I don't like. It's almost TOO uplifting if you get what I mean. I love a song with a positive vibe, but I'm just not the sort to sing about 'climbing my mountain' in the car on the way to my shit job haha. Also not into the dudes part in the song. And as for 'Humanity', I don't like how she sings the opening lines, it doesn't flow. And the "A-yo, A-yo" bit isn't my style.
But as you can see, I'm nit picking. I overall love the album. My 2 favorite up beat songs are 'Deep Down' & 'Sheriff'. I'm so thankful for them & would LOVE remixes. My 2 favorite ballads are 'Without Love' & 'I'm Older Now'. Just lovely songs.
@jonnyrecord #horror
GZ10

Postby GZ10 » 21 Dec 2016, 13:43

This has become one of my favorite solo Spice albums. The only song I really don't like is Phenomenal Woman. It is way too cheesy for my liking. My favorite songs on the album are Man On The Mountain, If You Love Someone, and Humanity!
Blond Pharaoh

Postby Blond Pharaoh » 21 Dec 2016, 17:06

The ballads are the true highlights for me the lyrics and her voice are amazing :love: but some songs seemed unfinished either way it's good album and it's so Geri ;)
Jer

Postby Jer » 22 Dec 2016, 08:19

Love and Light, Without You, Man on the Mountain and Humanity are such great tracks. I truly hope they get a real release.
Javi
Custom Title: f.k.a. IER

Postby Javi » 22 Dec 2016, 15:42

If she ends up releasing the damn 4th album, I wouldn't mind if she recorded new songs (like it seems she's doing), but I still hope that at least 'Love And Light', 'Man On The Mountain', 'Beautiful Life' and 'Without Love' make the album.

I love the others too, but those are probably the 4 songs that truly (imo) deserve to have a proper master and be released in crystal clear quality on an official album. The rest of the songs, as much as I like them, I don't mind if all we ever get are those 160kbps files, specially if that means 6-8 brand new unheard songs.

She can also pull a Madonna like in 'Rebel Heart' and basically re-work most of the leaked songs, record 2 or 3 new ones and reject the weaker ones like 'Deep Down', 'I Got A Name' and 'Phenomenal Woman'.

The other option is that she keeps on recording and that 3rd rejected album leaks too. :p
-If you really bug me, then I'll say goodbye.
TXSpice99

Postby TXSpice99 » 24 Dec 2016, 00:51

NearlyCivilized wrote:I also love this album. Although I seem to be in the minority... The only 2 songs I'm not a big fan of are 'Man on the Mountain' & 'Humanity'. For MOTM, it's really the chorus I don't like. It's almost TOO uplifting if you get what I mean. I love a song with a positive vibe, but I'm just not the sort to sing about 'climbing my mountain' in the car on the way to my shit job haha. Also not into the dudes part in the song. And as for 'Humanity', I don't like how she sings the opening lines, it doesn't flow. And the "A-yo, A-yo" bit isn't my style.
But as you can see, I'm nit picking. I overall love the album. My 2 favorite up beat songs are 'Deep Down' & 'Sheriff'. I'm so thankful for them & would LOVE remixes. My 2 favorite ballads are 'Without Love' & 'I'm Older Now'. Just lovely songs.

Some remixes would be awesome from some of the talents on here! *hint hint* IMO Love & Light, Humanity and Get Involved would sound great as club mixes
JVSG

Postby JVSG » 24 Dec 2016, 04:20

I love the album! I don't like it overall as much as Schizophonic and Passion, but it has some of her best songs on it. I know it isn't relevant to this thread exactly, but I'm loving MOTM a lot more than Version of Me (the latter is too trend-chasing to me, I can't stand the EDM trend). I was excited to listen to VOM for a week or 2, but I've lost interest in most of the album. MOTM, on the other hand, is still going strong on my phone and I'm still listening to it in full. That said, I find the uptempo songs on the album to be the album's weakness (Deep Down, Phenomenal Woman, Get Involved). I love the inspirational mid-tempos (Love and Light, Humanity, Man on the Mountain, Miracles) and the touching ballads (Beautiful Life, If You Love Someone, Without Love, I Got a Name, I'm Older Now), but the album needs more than one worthy uptempo besides Sheriff (or Back in Business :( ), along the lines of Geri classics like Look at Me, Bag It Up, Ride It.
pinkdor

Postby pinkdor » 24 Dec 2016, 13:10

The best track is "Beautiful Life". I don't like Love and Light. Don't know why you all so in love with it. The album sound a little old, but I like half of it.
herman22j

Postby herman22j » 24 Dec 2016, 19:01

A few songs are good... but to be honest forgetable...
NUFF SAID
WK93

Postby WK93 » 25 Dec 2016, 11:54

The title track is great... and Without Love + Get Involved. Did Geri even said anything about the leak?
sammyseek3

Postby sammyseek3 » 26 Dec 2016, 08:05

I love this album! My boyfriend (who is not a fan of pop music) enjoys it too. It has been the soundtrack of our life for the last couple of weeks. It is everything I would wish from a Geri album in 2016-2017: catchy, uplifting and mature. Love and light, Without Love and I've got a name are amazing and lots of other songs are really enjoyable: Miracles, Deep Down, Man on the mountain. With a little bit more time for the production and a couple of new songs this could be her best work with Schizophonic. Really impressed!
Ginger_Fan

Postby Ginger_Fan » 26 Dec 2016, 19:20

As I told before, it's the only LP if Geri I listen fully, without changing songs. Of course, I love her 3 albums and listen to them, but in this ine there is something which was taken from her best (in my opinion) previous songs.

My faves are: Humanity and Get involved. Love the positivity of this 1st and bravura id this 2nd. Really deserve to be singles. It's hard to decide which next ones are 3rd, 4th... also like L&L (but don't understand the highest support among fans and listeners). My best friend loves L&L, Get involved, Humanity, Withoug love and I'm older now. Ballads are great (but not a big fan of "I Got A Name). I really really appreciate her effort, it was worth to wait, I wish it would be released. :)

And like schizophonic_spice, I've listened to it over 50 times.
And I also agree that Beautiful Life deserves to be a single! I'm older now and Withoug love are so mature. If yoh live someone is nice, because of "shout it loud, say it...if you live them, tell them today". And day by day I like more "Sheriff", not a biv fan of it, but hey...I like it :)

This "13" is lucky and nice ;)

"Thanks God for the young, they keep the world turning,
to win the war is not to play the games"
TXSpice99

Postby TXSpice99 » 07 Jan 2017, 21:31

WK93 wrote:The title track is great... and Without Love + Get Involved. Did Geri even said anything about the leak?

keep wondering the same thing -- she DOES know it leaked right?? :D

Return to “Geri Halliwell”