MAN ON THE MOUNTAINFULL CD LEAKED!

According To All Sources, This Forum's The Place To Go!
Javi
Custom Title: f.k.a. IER

Re: MAN ON THE MOUNTAINFULL CD LEAKED!

Postby Javi » 29 Nov 2016, 18:24

PeruvianSpice wrote:I do think MOTM sounds like a totally different record. Not something she's done before...

As much as I like it, most of the album is very been there done that.

Love & Light - Feel The Fear
Humanity - Original
Man On The Mountain - Original with Strength Of A Woman influences
Beautiful Life - Loving Me Back To Life
Deep Down - New Religion
If You Love Someone - True Love Never Dies
Miracles - Don't Call Me Baby
Phenomenal Woman - So I Give Up On Love
Without Love - Original
Sheriff - Let Me Love You
I've Got A Name - Cover
I'm Older Now - I Was Made That Way
Get Involved - Mi Chico Latino

The only thing that really differences this album from her previous stuff is the folk/western production of some songs and the fact that the ballads are more stripped down. The rest sounds just like regular Geri Halliwell (quality) songs. This album sounds exactly like a progression from 'Passion'.

If this was the "direction-changing" sound Geri talked about, then I guess the rejected Absolute songs must have been on the same vibe as Ride It, Bag It Up, It's Raining Men and such, or maybe that album was a real change indeed with more electro pop stuff and when Geri thought she was changing direction she was actually going back to her roots.
-If you really bug me, then I'll say goodbye.
PeruvianSpice

Postby PeruvianSpice » 29 Nov 2016, 18:32

Oh, I meant that...

I know lyrics, themes may make it similar to previous. But I meant the produciton. It's quite different so it truly gives u a feeling that you're listening to something different.

For me, I heard it and was like: WOW, this doesn't sound like a Geri album (I do like it, though)
RCB84

Postby RCB84 » 30 Nov 2016, 03:09

Javi wrote:Humanity - Original

More like "Breakfast At Tiffany's"
Ian

Postby Ian » 30 Nov 2016, 13:54

I don't see how Phenomenal Woman is anything like the awful So I Give Up on Love. If anything it's more like Bag It Up.
herman22j

Postby herman22j » 30 Nov 2016, 16:07

I'm pleased with the album and much better songs than Melanie C version of me album
Last edited by herman22j on 01 Dec 2016, 09:50, edited 1 time in total.
NUFF SAID
GeriPopLover

Postby GeriPopLover » 30 Nov 2016, 16:27

I'm actually very glad this leaked... The only 2 songs I like, I actually really LOVE are Humanity and one the best songs of Geri's is "Man on the Mountain" thus far to date. I was hoping for some tracks to be a little more up-tempo. Man on the Mountain steals the show on this album in my opinion. Geri's vocals have greatly improved as well, I was so HAPPY over the moon and when logging on yesterday and reading that this leaked. I don't always come on this forum on a daily basis is why but I really am glad it finally did leak! I was just a few days late in hearing the news...
"Just because it's Pop, doesn't mean it has to be crap." - Geri Halliwell
Geri Halliwell Supporter!
Javi

Postby Javi » 30 Nov 2016, 17:19

RCB84 wrote:

I was comparing it with her own catalogue, not with the world's music catalogue.
RCB84

Postby RCB84 » 01 Dec 2016, 03:46

Javi wrote:
RCB84 wrote:

I was comparing it with her own catalogue, not with the world's music catalogue.

But it's still not original esp with that much of a similarity
Andreas
Custom Title: Alpha Male.

Postby Andreas » 01 Dec 2016, 09:50

As if Geri (or even the Spice Girls) ever were musically groundbreaking :laugh: :rolleyes:
MisterMiamiSpice

Postby MisterMiamiSpice » 01 Dec 2016, 14:46

Bubble_Butt wrote:
aganju wrote:
Bubble_Butt wrote:Silly question but does anyone else think the 'man' who sings "I haven't got a penny but I'm free" on "MOTM" (song) is Geri's voice slowed down?

omg nooo! :o

Lol just me then! I still cant get over how fantastic this album is. I've listened to it a few times today all the way through and every single song is great (IMO). I'm so happy to have it.

I actually agree, I think the Man on the Mountain is Geri's voice digitally pitched down. Considering both the song and the album are named after this mysterious guru-like experience, why would she just use some random guest male vocal as the voice of the guru that she finds enlightenment from? The album also has roots in folk music and country, parts of it remind me of old Dolly Parton albums. Dolly had a storytelling song called "Me & Little Andy" and in the same way as Geri's Man on the Mountain, Dolly pitched her voice up when she spoke as the little girl in the song.
kamel

Postby kamel » 01 Dec 2016, 15:19

MisterMiamiSpice wrote:
Bubble_Butt wrote:
aganju wrote:
Bubble_Butt wrote:Silly question but does anyone else think the 'man' who sings "I haven't got a penny but I'm free" on "MOTM" (song) is Geri's voice slowed down?

omg nooo! :o

Lol just me then! I still cant get over how fantastic this album is. I've listened to it a few times today all the way through and every single song is great (IMO). I'm so happy to have it.

I actually agree, I think the Man on the Mountain is Geri's voice digitally pitched down. Considering both the song and the album are named after this mysterious guru-like experience, why would she just use some random guest male vocal as the voice of the guru that she finds enlightenment from? The album also has roots in folk music and country, parts of it remind me of old Dolly Parton albums. Dolly had a storytelling song called "Me & Little Andy" and in the same way as Geri's Man on the Mountain, Dolly pitched her voice up when she spoke as the little girl in the song.

Geri did post some vids while she was in the mountain for her Instagram, she wrote the song there last year :)
GeriPopLover

Postby GeriPopLover » 01 Dec 2016, 15:31

I'm not a fan at all of this album except for 2 or 3 songs, I feel Geri can do much better though but it's safe to say she was going for the folk/pop vibe for this album.
Javi

Postby Javi » 01 Dec 2016, 15:52

RCB84 wrote:
Javi wrote:
RCB84 wrote:

She could rip-off 'The Real Slim Shady' and it would still be original when comparing with her own music catalogue. I don't know what's there not to get.
PeruvianSpice

Postby PeruvianSpice » 01 Dec 2016, 17:44

I kinda like MOTM but I'm not too hooked on the chorus. It reminds me so much of "Stregth Of A Woman"...whether that was intentional or not, dunno
RCB84

Postby RCB84 » 01 Dec 2016, 22:19

Javi wrote:
RCB84 wrote:
Javi wrote:
RCB84 wrote:

She could rip-off 'The Real Slim Shady' and it would still be original when comparing with her own music catalogue. I don't know what's there not to get.

What's so hard to understand about copying the melody and riff OF ANOTHER POPULAR SONG NOT BEING ORIGINAL
Marcomel90

Postby Marcomel90 » 02 Dec 2016, 11:38

the album is no more on Youtube
Javi

Postby Javi » 02 Dec 2016, 13:31

RCB84 wrote:
Javi wrote:
RCB84 wrote:
Javi wrote:I was comparing it with her own catalogue, not with the world's music catalogue.

What's so hard to understand about copying the melody and riff OF ANOTHER POPULAR SONG NOT BEING ORIGINAL

What's so hard to understand about "ORIGINAL" in my post meaning "something SHE hadn't done on an album before"? Use your F brain, it's up there for something. :Dizzy:
RCB84

Postby RCB84 » 02 Dec 2016, 13:44

Javi wrote:
RCB84 wrote:
Javi wrote:
RCB84 wrote:But it's still not original esp with that much of a similarity

What's so hard to understand about "ORIGINAL" in my post meaning "something SHE hadn't done on an album before"? Use your F brain, it's up there for something. :Dizzy:

Hey no need for cussing at me, I'm not the one that does not understand that something can't be original if it's stolen from someone else, use your brain that's what it is there for
gay4geri
Custom Title: JUST SO GAY 4 GERI

Postby gay4geri » 02 Dec 2016, 14:09

ALL VIDS GONE ON YOUTUBE!!!! :cry:
Javi

Postby Javi » 02 Dec 2016, 14:13

RCB84 wrote:
Javi wrote:
RCB84 wrote:
Javi wrote:She could rip-off 'The Real Slim Shady' and it would still be original when comparing with her own music catalogue. I don't know what's there not to get.

Hey no need for cussing at me, I'm not the one that does not understand that something can't be original if it's stolen from someone else, use your brain that's what it is there for

Stop it, already. I'm over your inability to read and understand something inside its context. Take care.
RCB84

Postby RCB84 » 02 Dec 2016, 14:39

Javi wrote:
RCB84 wrote:
Javi wrote:
RCB84 wrote:What's so hard to understand about copying the melody and riff OF ANOTHER POPULAR SONG NOT BEING ORIGINAL

Stop it, already. I'm over your inability to read and understand something inside its context. Take care.

Hey you started this don't go crying now cause I am right.
The context is she stole parts of a song, there's nothing original about it no matter how you slice it, if the co writers of Breakfast at Tiffany's helped Geri write it that's one thing, but they did not, so she stole the song.

Ie KISS stole the chorus of "The Hunter" For their song "Love Gun", the bass the guitar the drums the words everything. They even did the same with "Mama Mia" they stole the riff from ABBA and made it into "King Of Hearts". How is that original?
Javi

Postby Javi » 02 Dec 2016, 14:43

:kiss:
GZ10

Postby GZ10 » 02 Dec 2016, 15:02

I've been listening to Sheriff and If You Love Someone a lot the past two days. I love the intro to If You Love Someone, its so beautiful :love:
GeriPopLover

Postby GeriPopLover » 02 Dec 2016, 15:09

The album to me wasn't anything groundbreaking, I'm glad it just leaked. This folk/pop sound for me didn't suit her that well. Some of the songs sounded very similar to some of her older work as well. She could do so much better than this! I'm shocked it took years to just make this... She should stick to contemporary mainstream Pop. I don't believe that this album would hit on any charts.

Return to “Geri Halliwell”