Forthcoming re-issues via Vibe On Records?

According To All Sources, This Forum's The Place To Go!
Melancholie

Re: Forthcoming re-issues via Vibe On Records?

Postby Melancholie » 29 May 2016, 11:18

I'm sure it would be easier to just license all the song Mel B had recorded over the decade for her yet-to-be-released album.
mattykoo

Postby mattykoo » 29 May 2016, 14:06

Melancholie wrote:I'm sure it would be easier to just license all the song Mel B had recorded over the decade for her yet-to-be-released album.

Mel B owns all of her masters from 2004 onward and has no interest in licensing them to third parties.

As far as the rest of this thread – many of you have no idea how this process works, or even how the music business operates in general. Quit trying. VP knows what he's talking about.
Vomiting Porpoise

Postby Vomiting Porpoise » 29 May 2016, 16:52

mattykoo wrote:VP knows what he's talking about.

SchizoScreamPassion

Postby SchizoScreamPassion » 31 May 2016, 13:46

I would absolutely love a almighty remix of "Walkaway" if a reissue was to happen! That song is screaming for an amazing gay anthem remix!!!

I don't think Geri has much if any unreleased material from the SchizoPhonic release so I hope that this record company would try to get and include the unreleased stuff from Scream and Passion. That would be amazing!!! :love: :music: I'm probably dreaming though for that to happen right? :(
Javi
Custom Title: f.k.a. IER

Postby Javi » 31 May 2016, 13:55

SchizoScreamPassion wrote:I would absolutely love a almighty remix of "Walkaway" if a reissue was to happen! That song is screaming for an amazing gay anthem remix!!!

Sorry but I fail to see what's so "gay anthem" about 'Walkaway' for it to be screaming for a remix. It wouldn't work as a dance remix, let alone a gay anthem.
-If you really bug me, then I'll say goodbye.
SchizoScreamPassion

Postby SchizoScreamPassion » 31 May 2016, 14:36

Javi wrote:
SchizoScreamPassion wrote:I would absolutely love a almighty remix of "Walkaway" if a reissue was to happen! That song is screaming for an amazing gay anthem remix!!!

Sorry but I fail to see what's so "gay anthem" about 'Walkaway' for it to be screaming for a remix. It wouldn't work as a dance remix, let alone a gay anthem.

I have always associated ''Walkaway'' a bit with ''Lift Me Up'' and that song had some great remixes such as the Almighty mix and Metro edit. I personally feel something similar would work for ''Walkaway''.

The gay anthem bit is because alternatively the lyrics could come across as a "coming out" type of song and adding a dance remix version would make it a bit of an "anthem".

This is just my opinion though. :shrug:
RCB84

Postby RCB84 » 01 Jun 2016, 15:42

Not everything needs a remix, some songs don't sound good that way, since really don't need it, no point in taking a song that's already a dance track and turning into a dance track, plus they sound so dated after a year or two, just my opinion tho
PeruvianSpice

Postby PeruvianSpice » 01 Jun 2016, 19:02

Agree

Some songs have benefited from a remix ("I Turn To You" / although not officially released "Take My Breath Away" and "Too Much" have some interesting remixes (which made them so different but still great)...

What I hate is those remixes that repeat a word or phrase over and over again and sometimes there's not even words... just music...
RCB84

Postby RCB84 » 03 Jun 2016, 10:47

Right, plus it don't help like you think it does the remixes just get played in clubs people are drunk dancing to it then forget soon as the next one starts mainly because you can't tell one apart from the other, they all sound the same

Bass thump
Synth
Vocal
Record skip
That's about it
Melancholie

Postby Melancholie » 03 Jun 2016, 13:25

^ If they hire some cheap DJ to remix the song, then yes, the remix will be boring. I miss the days when people like Hex Hector, Mac Quayle, Thunderpuss or David Morales remixed songs to a different level.
Ian

Postby Ian » 03 Jun 2016, 17:27

Vomiting Porpoise wrote:Say Hey is filled with deluded psychopaths , it used to be fun until the Off Topic shutdown drama x

Yes, DenDen is much more sane.............................. :dizzy:
Vomiting Porpoise

Postby Vomiting Porpoise » 03 Jun 2016, 20:46

Ian wrote:
Vomiting Porpoise wrote:Say Hey is filled with deluded psychopaths , it used to be fun until the Off Topic shutdown drama x

Yes, DenDen is much more sane.............................. :dizzy:

menime123

Postby menime123 » 04 Jun 2016, 02:50

Javi wrote:I wouldn't get my hopes high. Didn't Geri record 'These Boots...' and 'Perhaps...' for he BIU single cause she didn't have any other song left? I don't think there's much stuff from that era that wasn't released. If anything, I think they would include the b-sides and some remixes.

The SIYWGF and Passion eras are a different matter, though. There must be plenty of stuff from both eras. But surely they will probably only re-issue 'Schizophonic'? I don't see why they would want to invest on releasing the other two albums that didn't sell that much back then, specially 'Passion'.

The supposed rumour that Geri recorded the covers because she had nothing left over is just that I think - a rumour. It was years ago now, but she did an interview (it'll have been Smash Hits or Top of The Pops magazine probably), but she did an interview where she clearly stated 'Don't Call Me Baby' was supposed to go on Schizophonic, but was held back because there was another song called 'Don't Call Me Baby' out around the same time, which I think was on the same label.

It doesn't mean she didn't specifically go into the studio to record covers for those singles, but I've always wondered if they might have been songs recorded prior to the album sessions? It feels random she worked with a new producer on 3 covers.

This is random too, but 'Very Slowly' is produced by Phil Thornally, and is the only song in her entire catalogue produced by him - making me wonder if it's a song from before she started the album sessions with Absolute?

I'd love to know her recording timeline/sessions, like they seem to do over on the VB forum!
tommie

Postby tommie » 04 Jun 2016, 05:32

Random but: will these reissues like Gerita, Dannii's less successful sister and Cher come out in a close time?

Yeah, you whores, I'm poor and trying to save on shipping. Go judge someone else, whores.
gingerboy

Postby gingerboy » 09 Jun 2016, 16:15

On the website has been confirmed during 2016:

Vomiting Porpoise

Postby Vomiting Porpoise » 09 Jun 2016, 16:32

and?
Ian

Postby Ian » 09 Jun 2016, 16:48

menime123 wrote:but she did an interview (it'll have been Smash Hits or Top of The Pops magazine probably), but she did an interview where she clearly stated 'Don't Call Me Baby' was supposed to go on Schizophonic, but was held back because there was another song called 'Don't Call Me Baby' out around the same time, which I think was on the same label.

I recall that but I believe what she said was 'Don't Call Me Baby' almost didn't make SIYGA album (not Schizophonic) for the same reason. Don't Call Me Baby by Madison was released in 2000, Schizophonic was 1999.
tiagohm

Postby tiagohm » 20 Jul 2016, 02:21

any news?
Emma Station |
gingerboy

Postby gingerboy » 21 Jul 2016, 10:49

tiagohm wrote:any news?

No, I visited website last night and same records in 2016 (Kylie, Cher & Miami Sound Machine)
RCB84

Postby RCB84 » 23 Jul 2016, 00:46

I just rebought here first album, $8 off Amazon, my old one finally bit the dust almost 20 years later
NobodyKnowsMe78

Postby NobodyKnowsMe78 » 29 Jul 2016, 14:15

:curse:
I am hearing that label was turned down by Geri.....
Agent_Spice
Custom Title: Escrow Spice

Postby Agent_Spice » 29 Jul 2016, 16:38

That's disappointing to hear, but I guess it's not surprising. Another user here who works for a label had tried to get a Schizophonic re-release with additional content and Geri rejected that because it would interfere with her "imminent" new album release. Hopefully this means we're getting that album sooner rather than later.

(If you can say), do you know if it was an outright rejection or were there discussions that fell apart? I only ask because according to the first post of this thread, a release was announced which seems a bit premature if nothing was already ironed out.
schizophonic_spice

Postby schizophonic_spice » 29 Jul 2016, 18:25

Geri must have alot of control over her material.
Drowned
Custom Title: Stupid cupid

Postby Drowned » 30 Jul 2016, 16:51

If you are not going to release your imminent last record, give us at least some re-released stuff, u greedy cow!
halloweenhead
Custom Title: SPICE FORCE FIVE

Postby halloweenhead » 31 Jul 2016, 10:47

It wouldn't have hurt for Geri to have given this the green light. These re-releases can't chart. It would have been a nice gift for the fans considering it's been such a long wait from her.
1-2-3-4-5, SPICE-GIRLS!

Return to “Geri Halliwell”