Amazon Documentary

Talk about Becks here
Forum rules
We would kindly like to remind you that due to a request of the Beckhams, pictures of their children are NOT allowed to be posted on the forums!
Sah

Re: Amazon Documentary

Postby Sah » 10 Jun 2014, 21:26

^ YES! Omg, sleeping in the middle of the jungle, and you actually see a snake? Forget it!!! No way i would have closed an eye all night! Like he said, you just imagine things, that something is crawling down your back, even if its not. Hahah.
Suki

Postby Suki » 10 Jun 2014, 22:02

Sah wrote:^ YES! Omg, sleeping in the middle of the jungle, and you actually see a snake? Forget it!!! No way i would have closed an eye all night! Like he said, you just imagine things, that something is crawling down your back, even if its not. Hahah.

I thought they had to go through the jungle to get to the tribes men but actually they just got into there to sleep there for one night.

I think it is so annoying that this guy told him to not climb this thing on the beach but then it is totally ok to ride the bike on rainy roads with just a shirt on.
Heather
Custom Title: Mrs B 10.22.2005

Postby Heather » 10 Jun 2014, 22:52

Sah wrote:^ YES! Omg, sleeping in the middle of the jungle, and you actually see a snake? Forget it!!! No way i would have closed an eye all night! Like he said, you just imagine things, that something is crawling down your back, even if its not. Hahah.

My daughter was freaking out haha. The monkey bit even freaked her out. Nevermind the snakes. We both agreed we'd never do that.
When we go camping we go in a 30 foot trailer with a full kitchen,bedrooms, tv & full bathroom lol no jungles thank you!
Ish

Postby Ish » 10 Jun 2014, 23:32

Suki wrote:I think it is so annoying that this guy told him to not climb this thing on the beach but then it is totally ok to ride the bike on rainy roads with just a shirt on.

Ugh, the tone that guy took was seriously irritating. I get it, he was the safety guy but he really did speak to him like a kid. It just highlighted the cotton wool lifestyle he lives in most of the time, with people all around him saying saying, "Do this" "Don't do that"...meanwhile Dave goes right up to the top and nobody cares. :laugh:

And I'm surprised they only came away with a few minor grazes between them at the end of it all...can you imagine the reaction if it had been David who came off his bike?!
Samuel-Bennett
Custom Title: I Am Sam

Postby Samuel-Bennett » 11 Jun 2014, 01:18

Watching it now as we were out and it's being repeated on BBC1 now, we downloaded it from iPlayer to upload but it seems it's already been done which is cool, It seems a cool show but I hate that he's had his lip done, he looks so different
TheBiatches

Postby TheBiatches » 11 Jun 2014, 01:25

I finally managed to watch the documentary on TV in HD (God bless torrents) and absolutely loved it.

I was looking forward to this, there's something about David that fascinates me and it isn't just his amazing looks, and it definitely isn't his career because I hate football, but I can see the man behind the brand, and I just think he is wonderful. He's charming, sweet, funny and despite his fame and wealth, he seems to be one of us. He is a little obsessed with people recognising him in every corner of the world, and I can't blame him, but at the same time I can't help but think "Well, David, there's nothing you haven't done to achieve this level of fame, it really was all your own doing", which is why I thought it was a little ridiculous how he claimed to be "unbelievably envious" of that man who was born in the jungle and lived a very simple life. He could have done that too (not to the same extent, living a simple life doesn't mean living in the jungle, of course), but he chose to be the complete opposite of that. And he could still, in a way, try to live a normal life, but at the end of the documentary he was already back to his old routine: a day off in a month and a half.

But there is something I saw in this documentary and it is what makes me admire him and respect him, and that is his heart (I know it sounds corny, but it's true!). I have never had real idols in my life, I have adored the Spice Girls for almost 20 years and I have always liked David, but I never idolised them, I always saw their flaws, and with the girls most of the time the flaws overshadowed the rest. But in recent years, I have seen the way David (and the only other famous person I respect and admire: Lady Gaga) acts around people, and the way he acts with kids, and how grateful he seems to be with his fans, and that is all that matters to me, not the fact that he sometimes contradicted himself during the documentary, as he is only human. I appreciate people who have made it so far and have achieved such fame and wealth but still stay with their feet relatively on the ground and always make time for those who put them up there.

Didn't mean to type all that, but hey! :p Dave seems to be a real laugh by the way, and I'd be the same as him, I'd have hated most of that trip, especially the part in the jungle.
TheBiatches

Postby TheBiatches » 11 Jun 2014, 01:28

I was also impressed he admitted his stint in Milan was a very selfish thing to do, because it was really fucking selfish and moaning about it made him look like a bit of a dick.

PS: They said the word "whiskey" far too many times for it to be a coincidence :p
grace4

Postby grace4 » 11 Jun 2014, 05:23

Great review TheBiatches. The comment he made about Milan really struck a chord with me too and, to be honest, made me respect VB more because in all of this, and his more recent promotional trips, she just got on with taking primary responsibility for looking after the kids (albeit with help I'm sure) and factoring this around her own business. Yet she hasn't deliberately made her love for her kids a major part of her image. It's just evident from the choices she has made over the years.
Sah

Postby Sah » 11 Jun 2014, 13:37

^ I agree, i think he is just as lucky to have her, as she is to have him. She makes so much possible for him, and even going on this trip she seemed supportive of it in the end.

TheBiatches loved your comment, there really were many raw, and honest moments in this docu that felt real to me, as opposed to him faking it. That is what i love about him, his sincerity hasn't changed! Despite the fame, and the money, and the crazy life, he is the same dude he was in one of those first docus he did. Amazing how he didn't change at all, it shows a true measure of a man that he is.
grace4

Postby grace4 » 12 Jun 2014, 16:30

Seriously, VB was in the documentary for 2 seconds and she had the one liner of the whole thing. I'm still chuckling about her comments on avoiding humid countries (I know she was joking (probably half joking), but I honestly thought I was the only one that thought like this!)
Sah

Postby Sah » 12 Jun 2014, 16:46

^ Hahah LOVED her little short time in this, and Anthony was basically like: "Who is going to cook now he will be gone, will you survive?" :satan: And she was having none of it, going like; "pleaseee, we will be fine".

Another moment i liked is when David looks at Brooklyn's shoes, and asks him if they are his "new shoes", and then goes "your mom is going to kill you". So much respect for that, i like that she (they!) raise tehir kids to be respectful of their things. And then Brooklyn going; "she doesn't have to know" lol, Davids reply was perfect. :laugh:
BecksLion

Postby BecksLion » 12 Jun 2014, 17:42

I finally watched it last night and I loved it. Really well put together! I definitely feel like I understand David a bit more. It's incredible how many little things we take for granted in not being famous that he no longer has access to or can no longer enjoy.

My copy lost sound for little bits a couple of times during my screening. There was one time in act one where they have climbed up a mountain and are visiting houses and David response to a question or statement with "do you want to explain that to Victoria?" What was asked of him in order for him to say that? Does anyone remember?
grace4

Postby grace4 » 12 Jun 2014, 17:56

BecksLion wrote:I finally watched it last night and I loved it. Really well put together! I definitely feel like I understand David a bit more. It's incredible how many little things we take for granted in not being famous that he no longer has access to or can no longer enjoy.

My copy lost sound for little bits a couple of times during my screening. There was one time in act one where they have climbed up a mountain and are visiting houses and David response to a question or statement with "do you want to explain that to Victoria?" What was asked of him in order for him to say that? Does anyone remember?

Anthony was suggesting that David could move to Brazil to play football - he said something like "you could find a sweet spot here"
grace4

Postby grace4 » 13 Jun 2014, 16:39

Oh dear.... Belstaff just posted a message on Instagram to the effect that David was wearing his new Belstaff clothing in the documentary. Kind of disappointing .... the BBC has had a strict history of no product placement and no advertising. Looks like Belstaff have got around this by retrospective advertising.
mel2vicem

Postby mel2vicem » 13 Jun 2014, 16:49

The motorcycle company also retweeted images from the docu....can't be policed.
grace4

Postby grace4 » 13 Jun 2014, 17:01

I think it can - Simon Fuller has massive (almost oppressive) bargaining power. Cynics will say the timing of the launch of the collection was deliberately chosen to capitalise on the global advertising obtained from the documentary. David tries to look authentic but his team really do make everything look so contrived. Something as simple as trying to experience life and learn about another culture is turned into an opportunity to market a new product

Imagine if VB did a documentary (at least partly funded by tax payers) focused on her journey to experience the culture of remote villagers and she did it wearing the VB/VVB range .......
Last edited by grace4 on 13 Jun 2014, 17:20, edited 2 times in total.
gugette

Postby gugette » 13 Jun 2014, 17:07

Lets be real here. if he really wanted to just "experience life" he wouldn't have had it filmed for public view.
grace4

Postby grace4 » 13 Jun 2014, 17:11

^ but I guess it could have been - in line with the claims he made. He's being turned into a puppet in my view. At least with football, it was what he always wanted.
mel2vicem

Postby mel2vicem » 13 Jun 2014, 17:22

The documentary was with BBC Worldwide which isn't licence payer funded like regular BBC
grace4

Postby grace4 » 13 Jun 2014, 17:29

^ BBC worldwide is the commercial arm of the BBC. It exploits BBC content / merchandise internationally with the aim of subsidising revenues gained from the licence fee. It doesn't create content - the BBC does that
mogli

Postby mogli » 15 Jun 2014, 16:30

Hey guys. I know this must be annoying to you but would anybody be so nice and message me a link for the docu? I have no computer skills whatsoever, so just some link that I click on would be so awesome. Thank you to whoever is so nice as to take a second for me :)
jas

Postby jas » 25 Jun 2014, 14:42

It just finished airing here. I only sat down to see VB's parts but ended up watching it all. I thought VB was the only one that manages to reference the "family" every two seconds now i see he does it as well! lol It was so obvious that Belstaff decked him out with all the gear and it worked, i was on their website by the time he walked in the front door lol That was cute how VB threw her hands around him like that.
gugette

Postby gugette » 25 Jun 2014, 15:04

jas wrote:It just finished airing here. I only sat down to see VB's parts but ended up watching it all. I thought VB was the only one that manages to reference the "family" every two seconds now i see he does it as well! lol It was so obvious that Belstaff decked him out with all the gear and it worked, i was on their website by the time he walked in the front door lol That was cute how VB threw her hands around him like that.

lol
Margaret

Postby Margaret » 25 Jun 2014, 15:29

jas wrote:It just finished airing here. I only sat down to see VB's parts but ended up watching it all. I thought VB was the only one that manages to reference the "family" every two seconds now i see he does it as well! lol It was so obvious that Belstaff decked him out with all the gear and it worked, i was on their website by the time he walked in the front door lol That was cute how VB threw her hands around him like that.

I had to watch the ending again because I completely missed that! So cute (:
mel2vicem

Postby mel2vicem » 25 Jun 2014, 17:52

I didn't see the ending properly then. Is it on youtube?

Return to “David Beckham”