Asia's Got Talent Season 2

Levitate off the ground, getting up, getting down, let me see you post now
mad_ad
Custom Title: MelanieC all the way

Asia's Got Talent Season 2

Postby mad_ad » 10 Jan 2017, 17:25

Looks like there is going to be a season 2 - wonder if they'll ask Melanie back?

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/sonys-axn-signs-deal-second-season-asias-got-talent-963064
carlojosegomez8

Re: Asia's Got Talent Season 2

Postby carlojosegomez8 » 10 Jan 2017, 18:08

mad_ad wrote:Looks like there is going to be a season 2 - wonder if they'll ask Melanie back?

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/sonys-axn-signs-deal-second-season-asias-got-talent-963064

I'm from the Philippines and I really think that being part of the judges on Asia's Got Talent helped a lot for people from Asia to realize that Melanie C still exist as an artist. I really hope they ask her back to judge. :)
mad_ad
Custom Title: MelanieC all the way

Postby mad_ad » 10 Jan 2017, 18:19

carlojosegomez8 wrote:
mad_ad wrote:Looks like there is going to be a season 2 - wonder if they'll ask Melanie back?

I'm from the Philippines and I really think that being part of the judges on Asia's Got Talent helped a lot for people from Asia to realize that Melanie C still exist as an artist. I really hope they ask her back to judge. :)

Yeah it would be good - she should organise a release of some music for during/straight after too
NearlyCivilized
Custom Title: vegans do it better

Postby NearlyCivilized » 10 Jan 2017, 18:42

I got the impression that Melanie was happy to have been a part of the show, and had fun... But ultimately it wasn't really the kind of thing that she's interested in being a regular part of. I guess we'll see. It certainly would be good exposure.
@jonnyrecord #horror
felx

Postby felx » 10 Jan 2017, 18:58

NearlyCivilized wrote:I got the impression that Melanie was happy to have been a part of the show, and had fun... But ultimately it wasn't really the kind of thing that she's interested in being a regular part of. I guess we'll see. It certainly would be good exposure.

This was my impression too....when she talked about it lately..... :shrug:
"'Oh, you can't help that,' said the Cat: 'we're all mad here. I'm mad. You're mad.'
'How do you know I'm mad?' said Alice.
'You must be,' said the Cat, 'or you wouldn't have come here.'"
kamel

Postby kamel » 10 Jan 2017, 19:20

I thought she dont like being a judge on tv :shrug:
sammy01

Postby sammy01 » 10 Jan 2017, 19:35

NearlyCivilized wrote:I got the impression that Melanie was happy to have been a part of the show, and had fun... But ultimately it wasn't really the kind of thing that she's interested in being a regular part of. I guess we'll see. It certainly would be good exposure.

Well surely she would have figured that out after her first stint as a TV judge on the Andrew Lloyd Webber thing.

Let's be real if the price is right she will do it.
Follw me, you know you want to - https://twitter.com/Sammyb01
bryand

Postby bryand » 11 Jan 2017, 03:14

She's said she likes doing it but wasn't sure if she was good at it. I thought she was good on AGT!
Although it's high profile in Asia there's less scrutiny about the judges. It really is about the contestants which is why I think she prefers doing it over there. In the UK it's a case of the press waiting for you to screw up and it's tabloid fodder
~niki~

Postby ~niki~ » 11 Jan 2017, 04:34

I might be remembering wrong, but during the Q&A at the Under the Bridge concert, didn't she say she wasn't interested?
Samuel-Bennett
Custom Title: I Am Sam

Postby Samuel-Bennett » 11 Jan 2017, 16:47

Yeah she said "I did Asia's got talent... that was.... interesting" at the q&a then in a recent interview about it she wasn't sure whether there would be a season 2 as it was over such as big area that it became hard (to make) but it seemed like she wasnt really interested.

It'd be cool if she did it but released music there at the same time and could do a little tour out there or something
bryand

Postby bryand » 11 Jan 2017, 22:42

Samuel-Bennett wrote:Yeah she said "I did Asia's got talent... that was.... interesting" at the q&a then in a recent interview about it she wasn't sure whether there would be a season 2 as it was over such as big area that it became hard (to make) but it seemed like she wasnt really interested.

It'd be cool if she did it but released music there at the same time and could do a little tour out there or something

If she announced dates in Hong Kong, Malaysia, Singapore,Thailand, The Philippines, Indonesia etc... tickets would sell very well.
I grew up out there and a solo spice gig would be v popular indeed. :)
Indospice

Postby Indospice » 12 Jan 2017, 11:13

I really wish she will be the judge for this Season 2.
The last time when I met her, she told me she was upset when she cancelled her tour to Jakarta, Indonesia in 2005. Then she promised as soon as her new album is done, she will be back to Jakarta and the rest of South East Asia.

Can't wait to see Asia's Got Talent, since it's a fun show to see :$
carlojosegomez8

Postby carlojosegomez8 » 12 Jan 2017, 19:48

bryand wrote:
Samuel-Bennett wrote:Yeah she said "I did Asia's got talent... that was.... interesting" at the q&a then in a recent interview about it she wasn't sure whether there would be a season 2 as it was over such as big area that it became hard (to make) but it seemed like she wasnt really interested.

If she announced dates in Hong Kong, Malaysia, Singapore,Thailand, The Philippines, Indonesia etc... tickets would sell very well.
I grew up out there and a solo spice gig would be v popular indeed. :)

I'm from the Philippines and yes Melanie is quite famous here in Asia. Especially after being a judge on Asia's Got Talent. :)

Return to “Melanie C”