'Dear Life' ☆ New Single & Music Video | Remixes out now to download & stream

Levitate off the ground, getting up, getting down, let me see you post now
Sandi

Re: 'Dear Life' ☆ New Single & Music Video | CD single contains B Side 'One Minute'

Postby Sandi » 30 Dec 2016, 18:59

Got my signed "dear life" single a couple of days ago. ONE MINUTE is just stunning. Mel's beautiful soft voice and nice productions... one of my all time fave Melanie C songs.
FabianC
Custom Title: Beautifully Intended

Re: 'Dear Life' ☆ New Single & Music Video | CD single contains B Side 'One Minute'

Postby FabianC » 30 Dec 2016, 20:51

For those who already got the single.
How it sounds 'Something for the Fire' (Live)?

I'm wondering if it has much better sound or they have changed anything on that track.

My Melanie C & Spice Girls CD Collection - http://www.instagram.com/melaniecmusiccollection
TeddyBear
Custom Title: hit the lights

Postby TeddyBear » 30 Dec 2016, 21:41

finally my cds arrived today...
FabianC wrote:For those who already got the single. How it sounds 'Something for the Fire' (Live)? I'm wondering if it has much better sound or they have changed anything on that track.

it's almost like an acoustic version
NearlyCivilized
Custom Title: vegans do it better

Postby NearlyCivilized » 31 Dec 2016, 04:12

My signed Dear Life arrived (US) a couple days ago. It's so lovely to hold something you've seen online for (what feels like) ages.
Anyways, I enjoy One Minute. I'm definitely happy it was a b-side as I feel it would have slowed down the album. The lyrics are special to me because I can very much relate to them, as im sure many people can. Only thing I would change?... I wish S.O.S produced it. I think they could have given it that, back of the club... Depressed but drowned in misery feeling, kinda like Anymore.
Anyways just talking. I love Melanie so much.
@jonnyrecord #horror
Paul
Custom Title: Say No To The World

Postby Paul » 31 Dec 2016, 10:28

Love the artwork and SFTF live is superb! Not a fan of 'One Minute' - lovely tone to Melanie's voice but much better bsides in her catalogue.
FabianC

Postby FabianC » 01 Jan 2017, 21:46

TeddyBear wrote:finally my cds arrived today...
FabianC wrote:For those who already got the single. How it sounds 'Something for the Fire' (Live)? I'm wondering if it has much better sound or they have changed anything on that track.

it's almost like an acoustic version

Thanks!
The sound is better than this?

My Melanie C & Spice Girls CD Collection - http://www.instagram.com/melaniecmusiccollection
SpiceWonderland

Postby SpiceWonderland » 02 Jan 2017, 13:59

Stillllll waiting for a digital release date.
*Babyboy*
Previous username(s): babymen

Postby *Babyboy* » 02 Jan 2017, 17:03

SpiceWonderland wrote:Stillllll waiting for a digital release date.

Should be this friday.
NearlyCivilized

Postby NearlyCivilized » 02 Jan 2017, 19:29

I'm so curious to hear the Dear Life remixes. I'm still waiting for a remix from VOM to blow me away. I like the Anymore & Numb ones, but none yet have been the anthem I'm looking for. Not sure if Dear Life is the song to give me that, but you never know! Regardless, I love having different mixes of songs, makes my SPICE group/solo massive playlist more rich.
@jonnyrecord #horror
Sam Rogers-Bennett
Custom Title: I Am Sam

Postby Sam Rogers-Bennett » 03 Jan 2017, 01:57

I do love a good remix. The Anymore remixes weren't great. I think Dear Life has potential for a good remix. Sometimes some songs don't. I Turn To You was a perfect example of a great remix. Think About It 7th Heaven remix is sooooo good. Hopefully we get some more good remixes before the era is over
sammy01

Postby sammy01 » 03 Jan 2017, 02:06

7th heaven remix of TAI is better than the original, it goes harder and is more alive which is what the song is about.
Follw me, you know you want to - https://twitter.com/Sammyb01
soul_boy1984

Postby soul_boy1984 » 03 Jan 2017, 15:41

Can anyone post the lyrics of One Minute, pelase? Thanks!
SouthernStar88

Postby SouthernStar88 » 03 Jan 2017, 15:48

i love One Minute :) better than other album's tracks for me...
Javi
Custom Title: f.k.a. IER

Postby Javi » 03 Jan 2017, 15:51

*Babyboy* wrote:

Should be this friday.

Official word or just assuming it would be the first Friday of January?
-If you really bug me, then I'll say goodbye.
FabianC

Postby FabianC » 03 Jan 2017, 16:47

Javi wrote:
*Babyboy* wrote:

Should be this friday.

Official word or just assuming it would be the first Friday of January?

From Melanie C facebook:

Melanie is thrilled that 'Version of Me' will be released through RCA Deutschland in Germany, Austria and Switzerland on February 17th, with 'Dear Life' being the first single. In order to tie in with their release, the UK focus for 'Dear Life' has been moved to January also. Don't worry if you ordered a limited edition CD single though - they will still be sent out before Christmas.

Listen out for fantastic mixes by Grant Nelson and Reuben Keeney in the new year - they'll be available to download on January 6th. More details to follow!

Javi

Postby Javi » 03 Jan 2017, 17:33

^Oh, thanks. I missed that line when I read that post.
sammy01

Postby sammy01 » 03 Jan 2017, 17:49

Javi wrote:^Oh, thanks. I missed that line when I read that post.

Let's be honest you aren't to blame, Mel C has social media and supposedly has a single 'impacting' soon. Remixes out in 3 days and you wouldn't know it unless you post on denden and dig up some weeks old statement.
Follw me, you know you want to - https://twitter.com/Sammyb01
Javi

Postby Javi » 03 Jan 2017, 18:03

sammy01 wrote:
Javi wrote:^Oh, thanks. I missed that line when I read that post.

Let's be honest you aren't to blame, Mel C has social media and supposedly has a single 'impacting' soon. Remixes out in 3 days and you wouldn't know it unless you post on denden and dig up some weeks old statement.

I have to agree. When you're right, you're right.

I don't know what's going on this era but everything seems to be a mess. We thought releasing 'Think About It' and 'The Sea' the same week in 2011 was terrible timing, and now it looks like a wonderful strategy compared to how they are handling things now.

Maybe they know what they're doing and there's some kind of innovative strategy behind it that it's paying off somehow, but from this side everything looks really messy. Like for the first time since 2005 she does really look like an indie artist with a new small non-professional team behind them.
NearlyCivilized

Postby NearlyCivilized » 03 Jan 2017, 18:18

sammy01 wrote:7th heaven remix of TAI is better than the original, it goes harder and is more alive which is what the song is about.

Sorry to go off topic but I always forget to ask this question... Does anyone else feel like the 7th Heaven remix has really low sound? I adore the mix and I always try to blast it when it comes on, but it never has a very full sound. It's always much softer than any song that comes on before or after it. If this makes sense to anyone I'd love your input.
@jonnyrecord #horror
aw.s
Previous username(s): SoulNet

Postby aw.s » 03 Jan 2017, 22:59

Has anyone from Spain NOT recieve their single yet? I haven't and I want to know if there's anyone in my situation before I ask costumer service...
gingerboy

Postby gingerboy » 03 Jan 2017, 23:10

aw.s wrote:Has anyone from Spain NOT recieve their single yet? I haven't and I want to know if there's anyone in my situation before I ask costumer service...

A friend from Madrid has received signed copy but no unsigned. And another one ordered signed only and nothing yet.
aw.s
Previous username(s): SoulNet

Postby aw.s » 04 Jan 2017, 00:00

gingerboy wrote:
aw.s wrote:Has anyone from Spain NOT recieve their single yet? I haven't and I want to know if there's anyone in my situation before I ask costumer service...

A friend from Madrid has received signed copy but no unsigned. And another one ordered signed only and nothing yet.

Thank you!! I ordered a signed copy and hasn't arrived yet, but given how long it took for some people to recieve the Anymore CD Single I guess I'll wait a bit more...
JCCJR
Custom Title: Julio C

Postby JCCJR » 04 Jan 2017, 05:00

Still haven't received my signed Dear Life single :(
Fulvio84

Postby Fulvio84 » 04 Jan 2017, 14:10

JCCJR wrote:Still haven't received my signed Dear Life single :(

me too :(
WHAT DOESN'T KILL ME IS MAKING ME STRONG!
upload immagini gratis
http://fulvio84.deviantart.com/
ForeverSpiceBoy
Location: Make it loud, 'cos the world is my dance floor! (Mexican living in Chile)

Postby ForeverSpiceBoy » 05 Jan 2017, 14:39

I live in Chile and just recieved my signed copy today! yaay!!

Return to “Melanie C”