'Version of Me' ☆ 7th Album | German Deluxe Edition - out now!

Levitate off the ground, getting up, getting down, let me see you post now
Paul
Custom Title: Say No To The World

Re: 'Version of Me' ☆ 7th Album | Limited Deluxe Edition - pre-order now!

Postby Paul » 08 Jan 2017, 11:45

The poloroid will surely be a pre-printed autograph.

Would be lovely to see Melanie return with a Top 10 album in G/S/A
*Rick*

Postby *Rick* » 08 Jan 2017, 13:52

She posted an advert/video on her facebook page

https://www.facebook.com/MelanieCmusic/videos/10154968328412710/
Red Boy
Custom Title: On A Mission

Postby Red Boy » 08 Jan 2017, 13:54

*Rick* wrote:She posted an advert/video on her facebook page

https://www.facebook.com/MelanieCmusic/videos/10154968328412710/

"Sorry, this content isn't available at the moment". :confused:
tiagohm

Re: New Album 'Version of Me' out in Oct.

Postby tiagohm » 08 Jan 2017, 17:59

tiagohm wrote:new songs

VERSION OF ME
CHISHOLM, ATKINSON, WILDING

ESCALATOR
CHISHOLM, WILDING, JUDGE

BLAME
CHISHOLM, VETTESE

DEAR LIFE
ARGYLE, CHISHOLM

HOLD ON
CHISHOLM, WESTLING, HATWELL

UNRAVELLING
CHISHOLM, NOWELS

source http://www.peermusic.com/catalog/result/chisholm

Hold On isnt a new track, is a reject. I wonder what song she was recording in the studio last mont https://www.instagram.com/p/BNXkU9AgAfI/
Emma Station |
littleta

Postby littleta » 08 Jan 2017, 18:47

^ one minute?
Javi
Custom Title: f.k.a. IER

Re: New Album 'Version of Me' out in Oct.

Postby Javi » 08 Jan 2017, 20:11

tiagohm wrote:
tiagohm wrote:new songs

VERSION OF ME
CHISHOLM, ATKINSON, WILDING

ESCALATOR
CHISHOLM, WILDING, JUDGE

BLAME
CHISHOLM, VETTESE

DEAR LIFE
ARGYLE, CHISHOLM

HOLD ON
CHISHOLM, WESTLING, HATWELL

UNRAVELLING
CHISHOLM, NOWELS

source http://www.peermusic.com/catalog/result/chisholm

Hold On isnt a new track, is a reject. I wonder what song she was recording in the studio last mont https://www.instagram.com/p/BNXkU9AgAfI/

Just because the song is registered it doesn't mean it's recorded, let alone recorded properly with final vocals and so on. So it could either be that one or 'One Minute'.
-If you really bug me, then I'll say goodbye.
WhatTheHell

Postby WhatTheHell » 08 Jan 2017, 21:47

KingOfSpiceWorld wrote:
WhatTheHell wrote:
KingOfSpiceWorld wrote:What a wasted opportunity.
We live at the time of downloading. I've already had the album on my phone two days before it was released and ten days before the disc arrived. What makes her and her team believe that people in Germany don't already own the cd via an online store or by illegally downloading it?

They actually believe that one new song will get people to buy it?
BI at least had a bonus DVD with the videos.

I expected the first disc to be the same and a second disc with at least five new songs and remixes.

Makes me wish I hadn't bought the cd to buy this version of her, because it's by far the best looking spice related release (makes the GH packaging look like a cheap magazine release) but for one new song, I'm not gonna buy. Sorry.

Nope, that was the Portuguesse re-edition, also the one sold in Singapour. The German edition only featured FDOML as new content. Well, the cover art also changed.

I didn't say it was the German version mate.
Who in Germany right now doesn't have the album?
The non fans. What non fan would buy her album? None.

You didn't say that it was the German version but since we're talking about a German release... Also, then you're implaying that the success of the Portuguesse cd+dvd is because international fans got it?
Anyway, someone already replied you with the example of the success she had in Portugal a whole year after BI was release in several countries all over Europe, and that was just because of FDOML. Let's wait and see, I'm sure we'll both be happy if VOM does well even if we don't agree about how good or bad the contents of this deluxe edition are ;)
James
Custom Title: Legacy member

Postby James » 08 Jan 2017, 23:16

I have mixed feelings about this deluxe edition, and I think the tracklist is naff. But obviously been a special deal with G/S/A for Version Of Me and as such this isn't a "re-release" but a "deluxe" edition for a specific market.

It's up to us as rabid Mel C fans as to whether want to buy the same thing with different packaging three times. Ultimately, I think this is very good business sense.

*pre-orders* ;)
mad_ad
Custom Title: MelanieC all the way

Postby mad_ad » 09 Jan 2017, 01:18

If she'd have done 6 different slip cases like these - i'd probably have bought them all! :oops:
KingOfSpiceWorld

Postby KingOfSpiceWorld » 09 Jan 2017, 10:14

WhatTheHell wrote:
KingOfSpiceWorld wrote:
WhatTheHell wrote:
KingOfSpiceWorld wrote:What a wasted opportunity.
We live at the time of downloading. I've already had the album on my phone two days before it was released and ten days before the disc arrived. What makes her and her team believe that people in Germany don't already own the cd via an online store or by illegally downloading it?

They actually believe that one new song will get people to buy it?
BI at least had a bonus DVD with the videos.

I expected the first disc to be the same and a second disc with at least five new songs and remixes.

Makes me wish I hadn't bought the cd to buy this version of her, because it's by far the best looking spice related release (makes the GH packaging look like a cheap magazine release) but for one new song, I'm not gonna buy. Sorry.

Nope, that was the Portuguesse re-edition, also the one sold in Singapour. The German edition only featured FDOML as new content. Well, the cover art also changed.

I didn't say it was the German version mate.
Who in Germany right now doesn't have the album?
The non fans. What non fan would buy her album? None.

You didn't say that it was the German version but since we're talking about a German release... Also, then you're implaying that the success of the Portuguesse cd+dvd is because international fans got it?
Anyway, someone already replied you with the example of the success she had in Portugal a whole year after BI was release in several countries all over Europe, and that was just because of FDOML. Let's wait and see, I'm sure we'll both be happy if VOM does well even if we don't agree about how good or bad the contents of this deluxe edition are ;)

Yes she had succes in Portugal in 2005. We're twelve years later and everyone knows how to illegally download music. Of course I wish for her to be successful but she's making all the wrong moves and choices, just like she did with The Sea.

How many German fans in the forums haven't bought Version of me already?
I bought it online so it would chart in the British charts, but like I already said, I had it on my computer, a couple of days before its release and a whole week before the cd arrived.
EGOist

Postby EGOist » 09 Jan 2017, 14:58

Pre-ordered.
RCB84

Postby RCB84 » 09 Jan 2017, 16:12

I just wish she'd do something here
DaniSpiceBoy

Postby DaniSpiceBoy » 09 Jan 2017, 16:40

You guys keep on talking about her fans already owning the album as if it mattered. Her fanbase in Germany is probably no bigger than a couple thousand people, same as the UK. It is everybody else she needs to reach out to with this release, the general public. Most have no idea she has an album out, let alone care enough to browse the web for an illegal download. She's not Lady Gaga. Working with a local record company means they should be able to give her the exposure she needs in that market, so that that her new music reaches as many GSA residents as possible.
RCB84

Postby RCB84 » 09 Jan 2017, 16:43

Sony is not local...... it's actually a step up from Warner
DaniSpiceBoy

Postby DaniSpiceBoy » 09 Jan 2017, 17:10

She's signed to RCA Deutschland, specially for the release in those territories. When she was with Warner there, she still released through Red Girl Records in the UK, Blanco y Negro in Spain and Planet Records in Italy, for example. She's always sourced different record companies to licence her releases outside the UK.
NearlyCivilized
Custom Title: vegans do it better

Postby NearlyCivilized » 09 Jan 2017, 18:11

Nice to see the price dropped on Amazon.de from EUR 22,75 to 19,99. I ordered my copy. I never understand why the price sometimes drops even further once I get to the checkout from overseas sites. The album ended up costing me EUR 16,80 + 3,00 shipping, so 19,80 total. Something about VAT? Whatever that is. Idk I live in the US & I'm satisfied with the cost and shipping. SO GLAD it's not sold through Music Glue.
@jonnyrecord #horror
BostonBeebs81

Postby BostonBeebs81 » 09 Jan 2017, 18:24

Not interested in the deluxe. Between owning the original album and both singles, the only redeeming point of the new album is Hold On. I'm not spending god only knows for one song. It'll be out there to hear in no time.
FiaSpice
Custom Title: Not immune

Postby FiaSpice » 09 Jan 2017, 20:24

NearlyCivilized wrote:Nice to see the price dropped on Amazon.de from EUR 22,75 to 19,99. I ordered my copy. I never understand why the price sometimes drops even further once I get to the checkout from overseas sites. The album ended up costing me EUR 16,80 + 3,00 shipping, so 19,80 total. Something about VAT? Whatever that is. Idk I live in the US & I'm satisfied with the cost and shipping. SO GLAD it's not sold through Music Glue.

There' a little blurb on Amazon that said that if the price drops before it ships, they will charge you the cheaper price. Nice to see the price droped.

Also I'm glad it's not music Glue, I don't like them. That's why I bought my other VOM UK copy on Amazon, not her site.
Spice & Solo stuff for sale here
FabianC
Custom Title: Beautifully Intended

Postby FabianC » 09 Jan 2017, 20:29

FiaSpice wrote:
NearlyCivilized wrote:Nice to see the price dropped on Amazon.de from EUR 22,75 to 19,99. I ordered my copy. I never understand why the price sometimes drops even further once I get to the checkout from overseas sites. The album ended up costing me EUR 16,80 + 3,00 shipping, so 19,80 total. Something about VAT? Whatever that is. Idk I live in the US & I'm satisfied with the cost and shipping. SO GLAD it's not sold through Music Glue.

There' a little blurb on Amazon that said that if the price drops before it ships, they will charge you the cheaper price. Nice to see the price droped.

Also I'm glad it's not music Glue, I don't like them. That's why I bought my other VOM UK copy on Amazon, not her site.

I think he is referring to, if you buy from amazon (It happens to me in Amazon.co.uk and amazon.de) that you have the price (Let's say EUR 19.90) in the item, but when you're going to pay, is more cheaper.

For me, for example, it says in the item EUR 19.99 and in my order it says EUR 16.80, Has to be something with International Orders and VAT. :)

My Melanie C & Spice Girls CD Collection - http://www.instagram.com/melaniecmusiccollection
FiaSpice
Custom Title: Not immune

Postby FiaSpice » 09 Jan 2017, 20:36

FabianC wrote:
FiaSpice wrote:

I think he is referring to, if you buy from amazon (It happens to me in Amazon.co.uk and amazon.de) that you have the price (Let's say EUR 19.90) in the item, but when you're going to pay, is more cheaper.

For me, for example, it says in the item EUR 19.99 and in my order it says EUR 16.80, Has to be something with International Orders and VAT. :)

Yes that's what I said. I pre-ordered on amazon.de and it said 19.99 € back then and now it shows in my orders at 16,80€
Spice & Solo stuff for sale here
Samuel-Bennett
Custom Title: I Am Sam

Postby Samuel-Bennett » 10 Jan 2017, 00:38

It needs to get cheaper. Spent £60 for 2 of them with the hope the price will drop
Marcomel90

Postby Marcomel90 » 10 Jan 2017, 01:10

The Sony RCA Deutchland removed all "Version of Me" songs from Youtube :dizzy:
~niki~

Postby ~niki~ » 10 Jan 2017, 01:40

Marcomel90 wrote:The Sony RCA Deutchland removed all "Version of Me" songs from Youtube :dizzy:

I got a copyright notice on the Dear Life video I made and they took it down. :Oops:
littleta

Postby littleta » 10 Jan 2017, 01:41

~niki~ wrote:
Marcomel90 wrote:The Sony RCA Deutchland removed all "Version of Me" songs from Youtube :dizzy:

I got a copyright notice on the Dear Life video I made and they took it down. :Oops:

things that red girl record can't do but sony can
gingerboy

Postby gingerboy » 10 Jan 2017, 01:41

FiaSpice wrote:

Yes, but they changed me from 22.92€ to 20.33€, not 19.99€

Return to “Melanie C”