'Version of Me' ☆ 7th Album | Limited Deluxe Edition - pre-order now!

Levitate off the ground, getting up, getting down, let me see you post now
Truestepper
Custom Title: hookedonspice

Re: 'Version of Me' ☆ 7th Album | Limited Deluxe Edition - pre-order now!

Postby Truestepper » 06 Jan 2017, 08:14

jezebelvictoria wrote:Well here comes negative me.... I literally was like 'OMG more songs' when I saw the thread title..... Why do these girls insist on doing this to me. hahahah :laugh: I'm clearly joking because it's just my personal preference but when it comes to music, I like as many tracks as possible and being such a huge fan of music, I know these artists record lots of songs.

Now unless Melanie really didn't record more than the twelve songs forthis project okay but seriously, she releases an deluxe version months after the original release, with 2 cds and it has only two new songs (one being a Bside). It's just frustrating.

I'm probably just on a rant because I hate that even just as a group we barely get any songs. Sure from 96-00 we got around 40 songs but in almost 20 years we've officially got two songs and that's ridiculous for a 'once huge phenomenon' like the Spice Girls.

While I understand the frustration, I am glad at least one of the girls is officially releasing music. She's done autographs for albums and singles, and now a deluxe edition of the album, that is still pretty cool. She's putting a lot of effort into giving fans what they want.

The content may not be your cup of tea, but there is a new song, live versions, remixes and different packaging. I honestly can't complain, I'm happy to give her my coins for this.
jezebelvictoria

Postby jezebelvictoria » 06 Jan 2017, 08:22

Truestepper wrote:
jezebelvictoria wrote:Well here comes negative me.... I literally was like 'OMG more songs' when I saw the thread title..... Why do these girls insist on doing this to me. hahahah :laugh: I'm clearly joking because it's just my personal preference but when it comes to music, I like as many tracks as possible and being such a huge fan of music, I know these artists record lots of songs.

Now unless Melanie really didn't record more than the twelve songs forthis project okay but seriously, she releases an deluxe version months after the original release, with 2 cds and it has only two new songs (one being a Bside). It's just frustrating.

I'm probably just on a rant because I hate that even just as a group we barely get any songs. Sure from 96-00 we got around 40 songs but in almost 20 years we've officially got two songs and that's ridiculous for a 'once huge phenomenon' like the Spice Girls.

While I understand the frustration, I am glad at least one of the girls is officially releasing music. She's done autographs for albums and singles, and now a deluxe edition of the album, that is still pretty cool. She's putting a lot of effort into giving fans what they want.

The content may not be your cup of tea, but there is a new song, live versions, remixes and different packaging. I honestly can't complain, I'm happy to give her my coins for this.

And that's where we differ. I'd be glad to get this but I absolute hate live music, so there's that. Dance remixes don't interest me, so there's that. So for me, I'm into the music and I've already hated when people release albums with only 10-12 songs from years of waiting for artists to release each project, so having a deluxe released even after an albums initial release that only has 11 songs to begin with and tacking on one new song (which is a feature, also annoying) and a Bside from a single release, is frustrating for someone like me.
Kareem

Postby Kareem » 06 Jan 2017, 08:58

Delux version with the same cover and 80% same material we already have ? Sorry baby not buying this one !!!!!!
Paul
Custom Title: Say No To The World

Postby Paul » 06 Jan 2017, 09:08

I really like the deluxe tracklist. Songs from a live set we didn't hear (probably means there was some filming too?) and a strong selection of remixes plus the b-side for 'Dear Life' is available to none UK fans. It also paves the way for more b-sides for the G/S/A single release.

Btw SFTF is the song most people have said they like (along with Anynore) when I have had the record on at home/in the car. The live version made me love it more!
Paul
Custom Title: Say No To The World

Postby Paul » 06 Jan 2017, 09:10

Great package for the market & a decent offer for the Melanie C collectors.

Now, who is this Kurt geezer? Lol!
Red Boy
Custom Title: On A Mission

Postby Red Boy » 06 Jan 2017, 09:57

For anyone who is not entirely sure on how to order from the German Amazon website, click here for MelanieC.net's special 'how to order'-guide. ;)
Red Boy

Postby Red Boy » 06 Jan 2017, 10:04

gingerboy wrote:12. Hold On (Feat. Kurt Francis)

This must be a typo. It should read Alex Francis, who is a singer-songwriter.

Kurt Francis is actually an actor.
gingerboy

Postby gingerboy » 06 Jan 2017, 11:09

Red Boy wrote:
gingerboy wrote:12. Hold On (Feat. Kurt Francis)

This must be a typo. It should read Alex Francis, who is a singer-songwriter.

Kurt Francis is actually an actor.

Yes is Alex, I dont know why I wrote Kurt.. maybe the emotion
sammy01

Postby sammy01 » 06 Jan 2017, 11:13

Now unless Melanie really didn't record more than the twelve songs for this project, okay but seriously, she releases an deluxe version months after the original release, with 2 cds and it has only two new songs (one being a Bside). It's just frustrating.

You are completely right all round. This is such a budget, money grabbing release. The 2nd disc is really just them scraping together what they have to pad out the release. Honestly it is a little shocking that a 2nd disc has basically no new material on it, even going as far as to include a live version of a song nothing to do with VOM.

At least the 1 extra track is on the standard version.

It does again make me think she didn't record anything more than what has been released, fitting in with my theory of rushing the release to ride the not reuniting press.
Follw me, you know you want to - https://twitter.com/Sammyb01
Christopher
Previous username(s): Posh Punkk

Postby Christopher » 06 Jan 2017, 11:33

Oh no. I am a bit disappointed. :( I have already been buying the remix EPs and I love One Minute but the only new song is a duet and I don't usually like those much. I was hoping for at least 2 unheard songs. Damn
Locall
Previous username(s): Mike-Spice

Postby Locall » 06 Jan 2017, 11:57

Nice, I hadn't bought my version yet, so I'll be getting this one instead of the original release :)
http://instagram.com/michielwouda#
Fur coats are worn by Beautiful Animals and UGLY People
scrabbles

Postby scrabbles » 06 Jan 2017, 12:34

This is just wonderful news!

Definitely buying it.
Fulvio84

Postby Fulvio84 » 06 Jan 2017, 12:38

I bought it from goovesland, it looks so nice!
just a shame there is just 1 new song
WHAT DOESN'T KILL ME IS MAKING ME STRONG!
upload immagini gratis
http://fulvio84.deviantart.com/
Spice-Invaders

Postby Spice-Invaders » 06 Jan 2017, 14:10

I bought 1 on amazon... i don't really like Live performances in general, but I WANT IT!!! lol
but I have to agree I'm a little bit disappointed I would have like more new songs, and not a duet, I'm tired of duet.
And I would have liked remixes of songs On the album, not just the 2 singles. But I still want it lol.
Masterpiece
Previous username(s): F***ing fit. Literally.
Custom Title: Immune.

Postby Masterpiece » 06 Jan 2017, 14:17

The album is not being re-released. It's the first release for that market. I guess some people are missing that point a bit.

Plus, while we celebrated the several editions of Beautiful Intentions, now we complain? We're getting a deluxe packaging, guys!

And, by the mockups, it looks better than any of the Beautiful Intentions editions.
KingOfSpiceWorld

Postby KingOfSpiceWorld » 06 Jan 2017, 15:01

What a wasted opportunity.
We live at the time of downloading. I've already had the album on my phone two days before it was released and ten days before the disc arrived. What makes her and her team believe that people in Germany don't already own the cd via an online store or by illegally downloading it?

They actually believe that one new song will get people to buy it?
BI at least had a bonus DVD with the videos.

I expected the first disc to be the same and a second disc with at least five new songs and remixes.

Makes me wish I hadn't bought the cd to buy this version of her, because it's by far the best looking spice related release (makes the GH packaging look like a cheap magazine release) but for one new song, I'm not gonna buy. Sorry.
Red Boy

Postby Red Boy » 06 Jan 2017, 15:11

Melanie graces the front page of Sony Music Germany's website along with the official announcement of the album release. :inlove:

[Dan]

Postby [Dan] » 06 Jan 2017, 15:32

Omg how exciting!!

Yeah remember this isn't a 're-release' for the UK market, it's a deluxe edition for the German release. A load of remixes and live/acoustic tracks and a couple of extra new songs is extremely standard.

The design looks so pretty :love:
[Dan]

Postby [Dan] » 06 Jan 2017, 15:40

^^ So cool! :love:
dentistologo

Postby dentistologo » 06 Jan 2017, 15:45

I just pre-ordered 3 copies (2 for me, and one for a friend)
This looks really beautiful, and thinking that this is the FIRST release for the German market I think it's ok, but i also think they could've done better.
The album is quite monotonous, and maybe the 2nd disc could've been a "Remix of me" and 1 or 2 extra songs... I think that would've been quite cool.
But, as I said, I'm glad we're getting this beautiful edition <3
Thank you, my ladies! Keep spicing it up! :D
Imageimagenes gratis
FiaSpice
Custom Title: Not immune

Postby FiaSpice » 06 Jan 2017, 16:37

Looks very neat. I thought I was done with non-uk version, but nope. I'm getting this one, I just pre-ordered it (thank god you can put the site in English!)
Spice & Solo stuff for sale here
fauxjoy

Postby fauxjoy » 06 Jan 2017, 16:43

That deluxe edition looks great! So pleased European fans will finally have a release :)
Blond Pharaoh

Postby Blond Pharaoh » 06 Jan 2017, 16:49

Looks fantastic :love:
FiaSpice
Custom Title: Not immune

Postby FiaSpice » 06 Jan 2017, 17:17

Marcomel90 wrote:On february 17th will be released a Limited Deluxe edition of "Version of Me" with 2 CDs, 43 Signed Pictures & and an exclusive Bonus Track called "Hold On".

You can order it here:

Amazon.de: https://www.amazon.de/dp/B01MY4O3U7/ref ... Byb4DYAW5M
Grooves: http://www.grooves-inc.com/melanie-vers ... 39750.html

It's 3 pictures (like the photo)
Amazon wrote:Version of Me will be released on February 17, 2017 as a standard CD, Deluxe Digipak and as a download.

This limited Deluxe Edition in the Digipak contains:

-20-page booklet

-Bonus-CD (4 new live versions, 6 Remixes & B-page 'One Minute')

-3 exclusive Polaroids incl. Personally handigned original autograph by Melanie
Spice & Solo stuff for sale here
jezebelvictoria

Postby jezebelvictoria » 06 Jan 2017, 18:47

It doesn't matter that it's not an actual re-release, even for a deluxe release the tracklisting is extremely disappointing. I was even disappointed with the standard tracklisting when it was announced. Releasing 11 songs is annoying. As I've said before, the more the better. I wish all artists would release over 20 songs every era. :devil: :inlove: Especially since a lot of these artists like to wait many years in between releases. Hopefully she doesn't take another 5 years to release another album. :hmm:

Return to “Melanie C”