Spice vinyl re-issue for UK!

Slam your body down and post it all around!
Forum rules
We would kindly like to remind you that posting, requesting or linking to sites containing copyright material is against our rules and will result in a warning/ban.
SpiceFan2008
Custom Title: I JUST WANNA DANCE

Re: Spice vinyl re-issue for UK!

Postby SpiceFan2008 » 11 Nov 2016, 23:56

Mine finally arrived today! Looks good!

My friend is buying me one too, for a belated birthday present (I know I'll have two, but she ordered it after I ordered mine, and didn't want to cancel mine and it had gone down in price and in case something happened with her order as well!), but she hasn't said that hers is on the way yet. I might keep that sealed though.
Samuel-Bennett
Custom Title: I Am Sam

Postby Samuel-Bennett » 12 Nov 2016, 14:45

Finally got ours. I didn't realise the pic of the girls inside was double sided with the lyrics on the back to keep the vinyl in. I thought it was just a poster
sammy01

Postby sammy01 » 12 Nov 2016, 14:54

Samuel-Bennett wrote:Finally got ours. I didn't realise the pic of the girls inside was double sided with the lyrics on the back to keep the vinyl in. I thought it was just a poster

Are you happy with it?

I think going by how it is slowly arriving to everyone they didn't realise the demand and have had to keep making new batches to send out.
Follw me, you know you want to - https://twitter.com/Sammyb01
Samuel-Bennett

Postby Samuel-Bennett » 12 Nov 2016, 15:29

sammy01 wrote:
Samuel-Bennett wrote:Finally got ours. I didn't realise the pic of the girls inside was double sided with the lyrics on the back to keep the vinyl in. I thought it was just a poster

Are you happy with it?

I think going by how it is slowly arriving to everyone they didn't realise the demand and have had to keep making new batches to send out.

Yeah I've seen people saying the print quality isn't very good but it isn't bad on ours
Jay
Mod

Postby Jay » 12 Nov 2016, 15:56

I would assume the print quality on all of them is the same; relative to the original pressing it's not as sharp looking and the colours are a little "washed out". It's not horrible by any means though, it looks fine. I like that the inside sleeve is a much higher quality paper, like a card, as opposed to the original which was thin paper.

Supposedly all the original pressings have a tear to the left where the vinyl poked through the paper (my US original copy does), and apparently this was the case with the 2015 Urban Outfitters version too. Glad it's not the case for the 2016 version!
Samuel-Bennett

Postby Samuel-Bennett » 12 Nov 2016, 16:03

Ahh. I've not got any other version so don't have it to compare. I suppose if you put 2 together it would look different
*Babyboy*
Previous username(s): babymen

Postby *Babyboy* » 12 Nov 2016, 17:34

Mine is arrived today... Looks good :)
Silence is golden
Custom Title: AKA S.I.G

Postby Silence is golden » 14 Nov 2016, 16:08

Jay wrote:I would assume the print quality on all of them is the same; relative to the original pressing it's not as sharp looking and the colours are a little "washed out". It's not horrible by any means though, it looks fine. I like that the inside sleeve is a much higher quality paper, like a card, as opposed to the original which was thin paper.

Supposedly all the original pressings have a tear to the left where the vinyl poked through the paper (my US original copy does), and apparently this was the case with the 2015 Urban Outfitters version too. Glad it's not the case for the 2016 version!

Only the original US (and Urban Outfitters) press was in thin paper. The original UK pressing was in an inner card sleeve, not as thick as this reissue, but thick enough, and nothing like "thin paper" at all.
JackTheLad94

Postby JackTheLad94 » 14 Nov 2016, 20:01

Did everyone here order theirs from Amazon, or did anyone order from HMV? :))
Amazon is now out of stock 'temporarily'.
Jay
Mod

Postby Jay » 14 Nov 2016, 20:30

Silence is golden wrote:
Jay wrote:I would assume the print quality on all of them is the same; relative to the original pressing it's not as sharp looking and the colours are a little "washed out". It's not horrible by any means though, it looks fine. I like that the inside sleeve is a much higher quality paper, like a card, as opposed to the original which was thin paper.

Only the original US (and Urban Outfitters) press was in thin paper. The original UK pressing was in an inner card sleeve, not as thick as this reissue, but thick enough, and nothing like "thin paper" at all.

Oh I see, I didn't realise the original UK/US versions were much different. I have the original US version. :angel:
tiagohm

Postby tiagohm » 16 Nov 2016, 23:28

its back in stock but mine havent been despatched yet
Emma Station |
Burberry
Custom Title: French Spiceboy

Postby Burberry » 19 Nov 2016, 21:16

found it and bought it in France
Snapchat : Buckingham01
california

Postby california » 28 Nov 2016, 19:09

I just ordered it on fnac.com (France)
http://spicecollection.skyrock.com/ (2400 items)
Agent_Spice
Custom Title: Escrow Spice

Postby Agent_Spice » 23 Dec 2016, 09:49

I'm not sure if anybody is interested, but I recently discovered that SoundofVinyl had uploaded WAVs of the album. If you previously entered a code and was told it was invalid, a download link should be available once you log in.
rui_mcardoso

Postby rui_mcardoso » 25 Dec 2016, 14:50

Hi,
I am a bit confused with all this releases and re-releases etc.
1 - How many releases are there?
2 - from where?
3 - what is the difference between them?

Thank you for the help :D
charmedboy

Postby charmedboy » 25 Dec 2016, 17:49

^^
1996 - original UK version
1997- original US version
2015- Urban Outfitters US version
2016- UK re release

they're basically all the same, except for minor changes in the cover/disc (fonts, size of images etc.)
host image
IT'S ALL ABOUT...GIRL POWER!
rui_mcardoso

Postby rui_mcardoso » 25 Dec 2016, 21:34

Thank you :D
VodkaMouth

Postby VodkaMouth » 26 Dec 2016, 23:58

In case anybody cares, I went to an Urban Outfitters store in Barcelona last week and they had the 'Spice' vinyl on sale. I didn't look at the details, but I am guessing it was the same edition released in the US last year (?). It was 40€ though :dizzy:
WhatTheHell

Postby WhatTheHell » 27 Dec 2016, 11:39

VodkaMouth wrote:In case anybody cares, I went to an Urban Outfitters store in Barcelona last week and they had the 'Spice' vinyl on sale. I didn't look at the details, but I am guessing it was the same edition released in the US last year (?). It was 40€ though :dizzy:

That is almost the same price (item+shipping) in the US webstore.
dtothep

Postby dtothep » 31 Dec 2016, 03:43

Might just be me, but the free download of the album that comes with the vinyl sounds so much clearer than a lossless CD rip.. it sounds remastered or something.
Agent_Spice
Custom Title: Escrow Spice

Postby Agent_Spice » 01 Jan 2017, 02:18

dtothep wrote:Might just be me, but the free download of the album that comes with the vinyl sounds so much clearer than a lossless CD rip.. it sounds remastered or something.

I thought the same thing but I didn't want to say anything in case I was wrong or influence how others heard it.
spicyhot

Postby spicyhot » 01 Jan 2017, 02:27

dtothep wrote:Might just be me, but the free download of the album that comes with the vinyl sounds so much clearer than a lossless CD rip.. it sounds remastered or something.

Was this downloaded from Sound of Vinyl? Where did you get the code from? Urban Outfitters or HMV/Amazon release?
Halit
Custom Title: Northern Star

Postby Halit » 05 Jan 2017, 15:28

I listened to some songs from the Spice CD and Sound of Vinyl wav files, it's the same to me. :/
jezebelvictoria

Postby jezebelvictoria » 05 Jan 2017, 16:38

Now I'm curious myself to hear. :laugh:

Speaking of a remaster; I know 1996 isn't bad when it comes to quality but I've wondered how a remaster would sound.

Ugh, can 'Spice Fans' get anything from this group? When it comes to music, what I'm most interested in, since 2000 almost 20 years ago, we've got two songs. I hate that I'm always waiting for something to leak when I'm willing to buy. I JUST WANT SOME MORE MUSIC!!! I'll never understand my interest in these 5 women. I would literally be in tears if I was offered all their unreleased material.
do-it

Postby do-it » 05 Jan 2017, 20:48

jezebelvictoria wrote:Ugh, can 'Spice Fans' get anything from this group? When it comes to music, what I'm most interested in, since 2000 almost 20 years ago, we've got two songs. I hate that I'm always waiting for something to leak when I'm willing to buy. I JUST WANT SOME MORE MUSIC!!! I'll never understand my interest in these 5 women. I would literally be in tears if I was offered all their unreleased material.

I know, right? And it's maddening to know that there is at least an album's worth of finished unreleased songs. Leaked mp3s of unknown origin will never be as satisfying to me as official, properly mastered, purchasable tracks.

Return to “Spice Girls”