Spice Girls: Reunion Rumours & Random Discussion Thread

Slam your body down and post it all around!
Forum rules
We would kindly like to remind you that posting, requesting or linking to sites containing copyright material is against our rules and will result in a warning/ban.
musicbox21

Re: Spice Girls (GEM) Reunion Rumours Thread ☆ Mel B: “There’s no reunion set in stone.” [Page 614]

Postby musicbox21 » 09 Jan 2017, 15:27

Jer wrote:
-Claudia- wrote:
sammy01 wrote:Mel B saying Geri and Emma will be coming to her studio to record new music - https://www.list.co.uk/article/87647-me ... ing-plans/

Lol "as soon as Emma and Geri get their schedules together".... Geri's about to pop, I'm sure she's not going to have much free time to fly all the way over to LA to record some Spice songs. I feel like MB says things just to get people off her back.

I was thinking that exact thought. Geri is likely going to be a very busy woman the next few months.

First of all Im happy Mel b admitted SFH was a rough demo, i've been telling it since day1 in denden and everyone thought the opposite...like duh! ;)

Second, we've all seen pics of Emma and Geri in theis instagrams of being together on studio, Geri has also a mini studio at her house and Mel B's has a
quite professional home studio (judging from a documentary i've seen). So perhaps everyone working here and there, when they'll meet they choose bits
and bytes and put it together, and the final production will be on another studio. I mean with todays techonology no need for physical presence.

Do we know the exact date of Geri giving birth? I beieve whatever happens, will be during summertime. :shrug:
felx

Re: Spice Girls (GEM) Reunion Rumours Thread ☆ Mel B: “There’s no reunion set in stone.” [Page 614]

Postby felx » 09 Jan 2017, 17:01

musicbox21 wrote:
Jer wrote:
-Claudia- wrote:
sammy01 wrote:Mel B saying Geri and Emma will be coming to her studio to record new music - https://www.list.co.uk/article/87647-me ... ing-plans/

Lol "as soon as Emma and Geri get their schedules together".... Geri's about to pop, I'm sure she's not going to have much free time to fly all the way over to LA to record some Spice songs. I feel like MB says things just to get people off her back.

I was thinking that exact thought. Geri is likely going to be a very busy woman the next few months.

First of all Im happy Mel b admitted SFH was a rough demo, i've been telling it since day1 in denden and everyone thought the opposite...like duh! ;)

Second, we've all seen pics of Emma and Geri in theis instagrams of being together on studio, Geri has also a mini studio at her house and Mel B's has a
quite professional home studio (judging from a documentary i've seen). So perhaps everyone working here and there, when they'll meet they choose bits
and bytes and put it together, and the final production will be on another studio. I mean with todays techonology no need for physical presence.

Do we know the exact date of Geri giving birth? I beieve whatever happens, will be during summertime. :shrug:

after the critics review of course she will say it is a demo.....Eliot said He finished the song....(it cant be demo)

dream on dream on.....
"'Oh, you can't help that,' said the Cat: 'we're all mad here. I'm mad. You're mad.'
'How do you know I'm mad?' said Alice.
'You must be,' said the Cat, 'or you wouldn't have come here.'"
musicbox21

Postby musicbox21 » 09 Jan 2017, 17:48

felx wrote:
musicbox21 wrote:
Jer wrote:
-Claudia- wrote:

after the critics review of course she will say it is a demo.....Eliot said He finished the song....(it cant be demo)

dream on dream on.....

oh come on..."it can't be" such a drama queen. is that impossible the version that got leaked not to be the final one? You don't have to be a pro' to hear it's a demo, i think you are just bitter and so non objective. Plus Emma said it's a demo way before it got released out there, google it.
Plus, i m even bored of posting links, sure there were bad reviews but there were many positive, just google it.
What's the point on making a conversation without know all the facts?
PeruvianSpice

Postby PeruvianSpice » 09 Jan 2017, 18:20

i think it's finished inthe sense that the vocals are there and the melody is ready.

i think it's a demo in the sense that it needs polishing and that's it

but i think, overall, the song would end up sounding like that
PoshInMaine
Previous username(s): BostonBeebs

Postby PoshInMaine » 09 Jan 2017, 18:20

"We haven't got any new material because the songs we had were leaked."

*song, Mel. A Song.
PeruvianSpice

Postby PeruvianSpice » 09 Jan 2017, 18:21

or maybe another got leaked but we just haven't heard it yet
kamel

Postby kamel » 09 Jan 2017, 18:33

BostonBeebs81 wrote:"We haven't got any new material because the songs we had were leaked."

*song, Mel. A Song.

Maybe she was talking about Geri's songs from the mountain's album :confused:
Tiiger

Postby Tiiger » 09 Jan 2017, 18:50

^ Or maybe she just doesn't know what she's talking about. I think that's more likely, tbh.

I doubt ASF was a rough demo, it probably just needed to be polished and then it was ready to go.
musicbox21

Postby musicbox21 » 09 Jan 2017, 18:52

PeruvianSpice wrote:i think it's finished inthe sense that the vocals are there and the melody is ready.

yeah but "polishing" is SO important. Remember "Right Back At Ya" as an rnb song and as a pop one? See what a different production can make?
SUCH a huge difference. Now imagine, listening to the demo of "Right Back At Ya" i mean...it would be so different.

Plus apart from the music, the vocals also are a bit "blur"!
I mean just listen eg to Who Do You Think You Are and then straight after Song For Her.
Huge Difference in quality. You can judge a demo. It's like saying "oh i heard the instrumental version so....i can imagine the song"! You need the whole thing!

And the Madonna album leaked but the songs were so different than the album version. Eg "Two Steps Behind Me" is a demo. I can't explain it techinically but you can tell the difference.
musicbox21

Postby musicbox21 » 09 Jan 2017, 18:53

Tiiger wrote:^ Or maybe she just doesn't know what she's talking about. I think that's more likely, tbh.

I doubt ASF was a rough demo, it probably just needed to be polished and then it was ready to go.

what is ASF? :satan: :adam:
Tiiger

Postby Tiiger » 09 Jan 2017, 18:56

^ + H
DannyDirnt

Postby DannyDirnt » 09 Jan 2017, 19:17

In some way I'm glad SFH won't get an official release. It's a good start, but the lyrics are too specific and not so relatable.
Javi
Custom Title: f.k.a. IER

Postby Javi » 09 Jan 2017, 19:28

Tiiger wrote:I doubt ASF was a rough demo, it probably just needed to be polished and then it was ready to go.

It was clearly a demo. Mel B's vocals during the first verse a terribly bad edited with autotune and Geri's also sound weird. Maybe Eliot did work on the production to the extend of it maybe being an almost ready-to-go song, but vocal wise they would've needed to re-record most of it.
-If you really bug me, then I'll say goodbye.
_rEaSoN_

Postby _rEaSoN_ » 09 Jan 2017, 19:47

kamel wrote:
BostonBeebs81 wrote:"We haven't got any new material because the songs we had were leaked."

*song, Mel. A Song.

Maybe she was talking about Geri's songs from the mountain's album :confused:

I think in the past she mentioned they have recorded two tracks. Maybe she thinks both leaked.
PeruvianSpice

Postby PeruvianSpice » 09 Jan 2017, 22:25

musicbox21 wrote:
PeruvianSpice wrote:i think it's finished inthe sense that the vocals are there and the melody is ready.

yeah but "polishing" is SO important. Remember "Right Back At Ya" as an rnb song and as a pop one? See what a different production can make?
SUCH a huge difference. Now imagine, listening to the demo of "Right Back At Ya" i mean...it would be so different.

Plus apart from the music, the vocals also are a bit "blur"!
I mean just listen eg to Who Do You Think You Are and then straight after Song For Her.
Huge Difference in quality. You can judge a demo. It's like saying "oh i heard the instrumental version so....i can imagine the song"! You need the whole thing!

And the Madonna album leaked but the songs were so different than the album version. Eg "Two Steps Behind Me" is a demo. I can't explain it techinically but you can tell the difference.

Oh I get it. Yeah, they could be changed in the end, but dunno, doubt they would change it dramatically in the end.

I also don't think it sounds perfect but maybe it's also cause it's a low quality song...
musicbox21

Postby musicbox21 » 10 Jan 2017, 00:15

DannyDirnt wrote:In some way I'm glad SFH won't get an official release. It's a good start, but the lyrics are too specific and not so relatable.

good point
Fenrik
Custom Title: OSLOVE

Postby Fenrik » 10 Jan 2017, 00:31

Remember the Spice demos? There´s a HUGE difference from them to the finished and polished versions on the actual album!
KingOfSpiceWorld

Postby KingOfSpiceWorld » 10 Jan 2017, 01:01

Fenrik wrote:Remember the Spice demos? There´s a HUGE difference from them to the finished and polished versions on the actual album!

Not lyrically. But then, they were good music.
1000 monks. 1000 religions.
Amaranthine18

Postby Amaranthine18 » 10 Jan 2017, 03:48

felx wrote:
musicbox21 wrote:
Jer wrote:
-Claudia- wrote:

dream on dream on.....

The critics review were all positive. Song For Her even got more airplay than the "super beautiful song" Dear Life. (sarcasm)
Alexpc

Postby Alexpc » 10 Jan 2017, 07:54

Last edited by Alexpc on 11 Jan 2017, 08:00, edited 1 time in total.
Alexpc

Postby Alexpc » 10 Jan 2017, 08:03

Fenrik wrote:
KingOfSpiceWorld wrote:What's sad and really really stupid, is that if there were no spice girls talk by gem, the people who trash Melanie C would be all over her music and cherish that they got new music by at least one spice girl. And if Melanie C had accepted to take part on gemm, they'd again treasure Melanie C's new record.

Lol, what a weird thing to say!

Even if Mel C was a part of this reunion I would still have the same taste in music. It wouldn´t make me automatically like VOM. So no, I would NOT treasure or be all over it.
I´m not a robot. Are you?

And like Sammy, I also only like 3 songs on that album. :D

Actually, I have not listened to Melanie C's new record, not even once, because I don't feel like doing it; I don't even feel curious.
But probably if she had accepted to be part of the Spice Girls, I would, and maybe I would like it and even come to "treasure" it.

So when His majesty "KingofSpiceWorld" says that "the people who trash Melanie C would be all over her music and cherish that they got new music by at least one spice girl", he might be right.
The thing is I am too angry at her that just the sound of her voice right now makes me uncomfortable. Maybe in a few years I will listen to Version of me and I will like it, who knows?

EDIT: Now that I think about it, I haven't listened to Geri's "Man on the moon" or whatever it is called, even when I adore Geri and I downloaded the album the day it leaked. So maybe it's not only that I'm angry at Mel C, it's that I don't care about solo Spice music anymore.
kamel

Postby kamel » 10 Jan 2017, 11:27

Please no more fight GEM fans vs VM !
bryand

Postby bryand » 10 Jan 2017, 11:29

Alexpc wrote:
Alexpc wrote:
Fenrik wrote:
KingOfSpiceWorld wrote:What's sad and really really stupid, is that if there were no spice girls talk by gem, the people who trash Melanie C would be all over her music and cherish that they got new music by at least one spice girl. And if Melanie C had accepted to take part on gemm, they'd again treasure Melanie C's new record.

Even if Mel C was a part of this reunion I would still have the same taste in music. It wouldn´t make me automatically like VOM. So no, I would NOT treasure or be all over it.

Actually, I have not listened to Melanie C's new record, not even once, because I don't feel like doing it; I don't even feel curious.
But probably if she had accepted to be part of the Spice Girls, I would, and maybe I would like it and even come to "treasure" it.

So when His majesty "KingofSpiceWorld" says that "the people who trash Melanie C would be all over her music and cherish that they got new music by at least one spice girl", he might be right.
The thing is I am too angry at her that just the sound of her voice right now makes me uncomfortable. Maybe in a few years I will listen to Version of me and I will like it, who knows?

EDIT: Now that I think about it, I haven't listened to Geri's "Man on the moon" or whatever it is called, even when I adore Geri and I downloaded the album the day it leaked. So maybe it's not only that I'm angry at Mel C, it's that I don't care about solo Spice music anymore.

Oh come on! Too angry? Life really is too short to waste anger emotions over something like this. :inlove:
kamel

Postby kamel » 10 Jan 2017, 12:10

bryand wrote:
Alexpc wrote:
Alexpc wrote:
Fenrik wrote:

Oh come on! Too angry? Life really is too short to waste anger emotions over something like this. :inlove:

I remember being angry at Geri when she left the Spices , i didnt bought her first album
Jamie

Postby Jamie » 10 Jan 2017, 17:11

Amaranthine18 wrote:The critics review were all positive. Song For Her even got more airplay than the "super beautiful song" Dear Life. (sarcasm)

1. No, they weren't.
2. Neither got much airplay. SFH was always going to get more attention because it's classed as the Spice Girls. Melanie knows this, we know this. Trying to make that a thing against Melanie and for GEM is pretty stupid really, but I expect nothing less from a bitter bitch like you :)

Return to “Spice Girls”