Spice Girls Random Discussion Thread

Slam your body down and post it all around!
Forum rules
We would kindly like to remind you that posting, requesting or linking to sites containing copyright material is against our rules and will result in a warning/ban.
sammy01

Re: Spice Girls (GEM) Reunion Rumours Thread ☆ Mel B: “There’s no reunion set in stone.” [Page 614]

Postby sammy01 » 07 Jan 2017, 23:23

KingOfSpiceWorld wrote:What's sad and really really stupid, is that if there were no spice girls talk by gem, the people who trash Melanie C would be all over her music and cherish that they got new music by at least one spice girl. And if Melanie C had accepted to take part on gemm, they'd again treasure Melanie C's new record.

I'd think VOM is drab and 3 good songs and a load of old tosh if she was, wasn't reuniting or the Queen of England.
Follw me, you know you want to - https://twitter.com/Sammyb01
bryand

Re: Spice Girls (GEM) Reunion Rumours Thread ☆ Mel B: “There’s no reunion set in stone.” [Page 614]

Postby bryand » 07 Jan 2017, 23:28

sammy01 wrote:
KingOfSpiceWorld wrote:What's sad and really really stupid, is that if there were no spice girls talk by gem, the people who trash Melanie C would be all over her music and cherish that they got new music by at least one spice girl. And if Melanie C had accepted to take part on gemm, they'd again treasure Melanie C's new record.

I'd think VOM is drab and 3 good songs and a load of old tosh if she was, wasn't reuniting or the Queen of England.

Out of interest. Which 3 songs Sammy?
Snapple Spice

Postby Snapple Spice » 07 Jan 2017, 23:32

Amaranthine18 wrote:The point is for Melanie C fans to open your eyes.

Saying that Melanie C's decision not to join GEM is the best decision to avoid embarrassment is the BIGGEST DELUSION.

She'll never reach the YouTube views of GEM. Not even half of it.

How I wish GEM released Song For Her and Melanie C released Dear Life on the same date and see who will be embarrassed.

I think what you see as embarrassing may be different than what other people see as embarrassing.

I don't think I'd be embarrassed if someone had more YouTube views than I did, but I would be embarrassed to claim to be part of something big (reunion! celebration!) and then have it constantly go back and forth on whether or not that thing was actually happening.

Melanie C acknowledges on several occasions that she doesn't expect to have the same level of success as the Spice Girls (ex: Youtube views) BUT she does enjoy making music and performing - so she continues to do it.

With the way this "reunion" is going now, she clearly made the right choice. She's out there doing what she enjoys, giving her fans music they appreciate/enjoy, while everyone else is still unclear about what's happening with GEM (likely, nothing).
~I Love Melanie C :)~
tommie

Postby tommie » 07 Jan 2017, 23:52

I don't get why people are claiming that GEM has "nothing to write about" based on a leaked demo that was probably made for a gimmicky tv show in mind. For all we know if they do record more music as a trio it could end up being the worst track of the bunch!
Liam
Custom Title: The Sexual One

Postby Liam » 08 Jan 2017, 00:20

You guys need to stop embarrassing yourselves, your bickering and arguing is so cringeworthy. I'm embarrassed for you.
sammy01

Postby sammy01 » 08 Jan 2017, 00:35

bryand wrote:
sammy01 wrote:

Anymore (which grew on me), Numb (which for Mel is a breath of fresh air) and Escalator (which production wise is the most experimental she has been in a long time).

The rest just fall into the usual Mel C MOR stuff, that has a bit different production.
Fenrik
Custom Title: OSLOVE

Postby Fenrik » 08 Jan 2017, 00:43

Lol, what a weird thing to say!

Even if Mel C was a part of this reunion I would still have the same taste in music. It wouldn´t make me automatically like VOM. So no, I would NOT treasure or be all over it.
I´m not a robot. Are you?

And like Sammy, I also only like 3 songs on that album. :D
bryand

Postby bryand » 08 Jan 2017, 01:47

sammy01 wrote:
bryand wrote:
sammy01 wrote:

Anymore (which grew on me), Numb (which for Mel is a breath of fresh air) and Escalator (which production wise is the most experimental she has been in a long time).

The rest just fall into the usual Mel C MOR stuff, that has a bit different production.

Anymore grew on me also. Can't stand Numb ( I've even deleted it lol). I like Escalator as well as Dear Life and a couple of others. I've also deleted SFTF and unravelling. I think they are just awful. Basically I'm good with 8 tracks but the rest.... meh
bryand

Postby bryand » 08 Jan 2017, 01:50

Fenrik wrote:

Even if Mel C was a part of this reunion I would still have the same taste in music. It wouldn´t make me automatically like VOM. So no, I would NOT treasure or be all over it.

Both points are valid I'd say. Not a case of being a robot but totally get both points of view
sammy01

Postby sammy01 » 08 Jan 2017, 01:52

Unravelling is unlistenable to me, horrible production, complete lack of melody and crappy lyrics, it has no redeeming features. SFTF is such repetitive nothingness. Dear Life is ok, need to listen to the remixes cus it is just one of those just middling Mel C songs that needs something extra.
Fenrik
Custom Title: OSLOVE

Postby Fenrik » 08 Jan 2017, 03:20

Unravelling is one of the 3 songs I like :D
Mr.X
Custom Title: Xavier de Sousa

Postby Mr.X » 08 Jan 2017, 03:23

are you actually suggesting that Song for Her and Version of Me are good based on their lyrics? I am sorry but lyrically they are quite cringe.

Version of Me has some good moments, production wise, but lyrically it is quite poor. You can tell that Melanice is doing her best and that she is stretching herself but to be honest, the whole thing feels a little bit middle of the road. Like, the best moments lyrically on the album are with Anymore, Loving You Better and Room for Love and even those have moments that are so lyrically basic it is quite sad.

Song for Her is just embarrasing. I am not even going to bother going into that one.
KingOfSpiceWorld

Postby KingOfSpiceWorld » 08 Jan 2017, 11:01

Fenrik wrote:

I only care for three songs from the album too and I haven't even heard them since this past November when my favourite bands released new music. But you and sam get what I mean.

If there was no reunion, or if Melanie was part of the reunion, people whom I don't want to name, wouldn't whine and insult her here.
Mr.X wrote:are you actually suggesting that Song for Her and Version of Me are good based on their lyrics? I am sorry but lyrically they are quite cringe.

Version of Me has some good moments, production wise, but lyrically it is quite poor. You can tell that Melanice is doing her best and that she is stretching herself but to be honest, the whole thing feels a little bit middle of the road. Like, the best moments lyrically on the album are with Anymore, Loving You Better and Room for Love and even those have moments that are so lyrically basic it is quite sad.

Song for Her is just embarrasing. I am not even going to bother going into that one.

Couldn't agree more. For an album she promoted as her stronger lyrically and inspired by Sia, it's her weakest.
But song for her is, like I said before, is the worst spice girls related song ever. And for the people who still dream that the spice girls can release new music, let me remind you headlines and voodoo...
AcidBurn
Custom Title: Triple Goddess Three

Postby AcidBurn » 08 Jan 2017, 18:37

Some people could benifit from showing a little bit of humility. Being honest about your opinions is great, but when your motivation is to belittle and negate the opinion of the person you're replying to (or the person you're talking about), that's not discussing an issue. It's being a bully. A member of this forum posted a wonderful quote on Facebook today: "Being kind is the highest form of intellect". Please take it to heart before this forum implodes.
sammy01

Postby sammy01 » 08 Jan 2017, 19:18

Mel B saying Geri and Emma will be coming to her studio to record new music - https://www.list.co.uk/article/87647-me ... ing-plans/
AcidBurn
Custom Title: Triple Goddess Three

Postby AcidBurn » 08 Jan 2017, 19:32

It's slightly worrying that they'll be doing stuff in Mel B's home studio, but at least they're doing something. It's also comforting to hear that "Song for her" is considered a rough demo.
spice_of_life

Postby spice_of_life » 08 Jan 2017, 19:32

This is not the Melanie C forum. Please discuss her endeavours in the appropriate place. Some of us don't care.
-Claudia-

Postby -Claudia- » 08 Jan 2017, 19:58

sammy01 wrote:Mel B saying Geri and Emma will be coming to her studio to record new music - https://www.list.co.uk/article/87647-me ... ing-plans/

Lol "as soon as Emma and Geri get their schedules together".... Geri's about to pop, I'm sure she's not going to have much free time to fly all the way over to LA to record some Spice songs. I feel like MB says things just to get people off her back.
bryand

Postby bryand » 08 Jan 2017, 20:45

spice_of_life wrote:This is not the Melanie C forum. Please discuss her endeavours in the appropriate place. Some of us don't care.

Ooh Hark at you lol :Dizzy:
spice_of_life

Postby spice_of_life » 08 Jan 2017, 21:32

bryand wrote:
spice_of_life wrote:This is not the Melanie C forum. Please discuss her endeavours in the appropriate place. Some of us don't care.

Hark the herald. Tis true.
bryand

Postby bryand » 08 Jan 2017, 22:32

spice_of_life wrote:
bryand wrote:

Hark the herald. Tis true.

If you say so lol
PeruvianSpice

Postby PeruvianSpice » 09 Jan 2017, 03:40

seems like they really wanna record a new álbum.

wonder if there was more than "song for her" recorded in those sessions...
kamel

Postby kamel » 09 Jan 2017, 04:58

PeruvianSpice wrote:seems like they really wanna record a new álbum.

wonder if there was more than "song for her" recorded in those sessions...

Dont believe Mel B , she said that to promote her broadway show :shrug:
Jer

Postby Jer » 09 Jan 2017, 06:03

-Claudia- wrote:
sammy01 wrote:Mel B saying Geri and Emma will be coming to her studio to record new music - https://www.list.co.uk/article/87647-me ... ing-plans/

Lol "as soon as Emma and Geri get their schedules together".... Geri's about to pop, I'm sure she's not going to have much free time to fly all the way over to LA to record some Spice songs. I feel like MB says things just to get people off her back.

I was thinking that exact thought. Geri is likely going to be a very busy woman the next few months.
MarcelWithLuv
Custom Title: Marcel With Luv

Postby MarcelWithLuv » 09 Jan 2017, 14:26

Fenrik wrote:Unravelling is one of the 3 songs I like :D

Unravelling (You Rock My World) is the only track that I keep listening.

Return to “Spice Girls”