Spice Girls Random Discussion Thread | Emma: "and Mel B was there" :')

Slam your body down and post it all around!
Forum rules
We would kindly like to remind you that posting, requesting or linking to sites containing copyright material is against our rules and will result in a warning/ban.
kamel

Re: Spice Girls (GEM) Reunion Rumours Thread ☆ Mel B: “There’s no reunion set in stone.” [Page 614]

Postby kamel » 11 Jan 2017, 14:21

pinkbecca12 wrote:ladies of The Real not doing their research of the reunion being GEM and Wannabe being 21st anniversary not 20th!

They mean 20th anniversary of Wannabe in US :shrug:
KingOfSpiceWorld

Re: Spice Girls (GEM) Reunion Rumours Thread ☆ Mel B: “There’s no reunion set in stone.” [Page 614]

Postby KingOfSpiceWorld » 11 Jan 2017, 14:38

schizophonic_spice wrote:
pinkbecca12 wrote:ladies of The Real not doing their research of the reunion being GEM and Wannabe being 21st anniversary not 20th!

I guess they meant the 20th anniversary of the US release of Wannabe which was January 1997.

GEM does seem to have once again been pushed under a rug though.

Where they belong.
Sorry. Couldn't resist.

Not that it is important, but through the years we've read and heard several stories about wannabe. But written and recorded in 8 minutes? That's new...
littleta

Postby littleta » 11 Jan 2017, 14:44

^ she's exagerating. it's like 20 minutes i think. they have talk about that before
daredavid

Postby daredavid » 11 Jan 2017, 16:03

KingOfSpiceWorld wrote:Not that it is important, but through the years we've read and heard several stories about wannabe. But written and recorded in 8 minutes? That's new...

Well, considering the emotional depth and lyrical quality of its lyrics, that shouldn't come as a surprise at all
PeruvianSpice

Postby PeruvianSpice » 11 Jan 2017, 18:36

Alexpc wrote:
PeruvianSpice wrote:
And with a proper intro (what's with the intro-less songs: Headlines, SFH?)

Whitney Houston - I will always love you

Lara Fabian - I will love again

Katy Perry - Thinking of you

Girls Aloud - Whole lotta history

Geri Halliwell - Passion

Melanie C - Northern Star

Spice Girls - Wannabe

And many, many more great pop songs don't have an intro (Now, if we'd talk about rock, there are literally hundreds)

Ok, OK... I wasn't saying it like there's not songs in the world without an intro.

I just meant that the girls have given us their latest ones without an intro and at least in that "Headlines" fanmade, you could see it benefits with an intro.

And if I'm not mistaken, "Song For Her" also had a fanmade mix with an intro and it was better
PeruvianSpice

Postby PeruvianSpice » 11 Jan 2017, 20:07

It's like the girls don't know we've followed them so closely:

A video were they hoped to announce something really, really soon
Mel B teasing theye're deciding what single to go with
Mel B teasing we'll get news soon
Mel B saying she doesn't know what will happen or when

I know it's not entirely her fault but as I've said it before, would it hurt to come clean and say:

Yes, I know we made a video were we were planning on announcing something soon. But then the schedules got mixed up, Geri got pregnant. So we're waiting on her BUT we're still planning on recording some new music. Hopefully we'll tour and if everything goes according to plan, we might announce something in 1, 2, 3 weeks(months) or whatever.

ENOUGH with the: there's nothing set in stone, we don't know... crap!
Last edited by PeruvianSpice on 11 Jan 2017, 21:32, edited 1 time in total.
FiaSpice
Custom Title: Not immune

Postby FiaSpice » 11 Jan 2017, 21:03

littleta wrote:^ she's exagerating. it's like 20 minutes i think. they have talk about that before

Right. They've said more 15-20 minutes in the past
Spice & Solo stuff for sale here
kamel

Postby kamel » 11 Jan 2017, 21:15

PeruvianSpice wrote:It's like the girls don't know we've followed them so closely:

A video were they hoped to announce something really, really soon
Mel B teasing theye're deciding whatt single
Mel B teasing we'll get news son
Mel B saying she doesn't know what will happen and when

I know it's not entirely her fault but as I've said it before, would it hurt to come clean and say:

Yes, I know we made a video were we were planning on announcing something son. But then the schedules got mixed up, Geri got pregnant. So we're waiting on her BUT we're still planning on recording some new music. Hopefully we'll tour and if everything goes according to plan, we might announce something in 1, 2, 3 weeks(months) or whatever.

ENOUGH with the: there's nothing set in stone, we don't know... crap!

They should release a song called nothing set in stone :laugh:
KingOfSpiceWorld

Postby KingOfSpiceWorld » 11 Jan 2017, 22:26

Since gem are a type of precious stone, isn't it as if saying "nothing about gem is set in gem" ?
Dave87

Postby Dave87 » 12 Jan 2017, 00:07

KingOfSpiceWorld wrote:
schizophonic_spice wrote:

I guess they meant the 20th anniversary of the US release of Wannabe which was January 1997.

GEM does seem to have once again been pushed under a rug though.

Where they belong.
Sorry. Couldn't resist.

Not that it is important, but through the years we've read and heard several stories about wannabe. But written and recorded in 8 minutes? That's new...

From what I remember Melanie C did an interview and said about 15mins so It could be somewhere between the two.
NearlyCivilized
Custom Title: vegans do it better

Postby NearlyCivilized » 12 Jan 2017, 02:25

Lulz, slam your body down, the parties all around.
@jonnyrecord #horror
sammy01

Postby sammy01 » 12 Jan 2017, 04:24

Btw did anyone catch Mel C's interview on BBC radio 2 when she spoke about GEM this week "Yeah well I mean I don't exactly know what their plans are or how much I'm allowed to say, I think it is all under wraps but they are defo working on some new stuff".

Seems like if GEM are doing something Mel C at least knows some rough idea of what it is. She could have easily have said 'I don't know what they have planned but good luck to them', how much I'm allowed to say indicates she knows details that aren't allowed to be made public yet.
Follw me, you know you want to - https://twitter.com/Sammyb01
KingOfSpiceWorld

Postby KingOfSpiceWorld » 12 Jan 2017, 10:02

Gem probably have to inform Melanie and Victoria of their plans because they're using the spice girls music and brand after all.
That why she has some info.
megzluvsmelc
Custom Title: Beautiful Mind

Postby megzluvsmelc » 12 Jan 2017, 10:21

KingOfSpiceWorld wrote:Gem probably have to inform Melanie and Victoria of their plans because they're using the spice girls music and brand after all.
That why she has some info.

Victoria: Please dont sing Spice Girls songs! I warn you! :p
musicbox21

Postby musicbox21 » 12 Jan 2017, 12:33

Emma just posted on her ig a happy bday note to Mel C!
SO NO GEM VS VM at the moment!!
DannyDirnt

Postby DannyDirnt » 12 Jan 2017, 17:03

I think Mel C knows what they are planning more or less because she attended some of the gatherings, as she's said before. Also she may have been told about recent plans by any of the girls, since they are friends. But because she's not involved, she obviously is not keeping up with all the details like GEM are.
Fenrik
Custom Title: OSLOVE

Postby Fenrik » 12 Jan 2017, 19:56

musicbox21 wrote:Emma just posted on her ig a happy bday note to Mel C!
SO NO GEM VS VM at the moment!!

So did Geri ;)

https://twitter.com/GeriHalliwell/statu ... 8235942912

Highly doubt Mel B will though :p
PeruvianSpice

Postby PeruvianSpice » 12 Jan 2017, 23:03

only Geri tagged Melanie C incorrectly but anyway...

Where is that Melanie C interview where she spoke about GEM?
Blond Pharaoh

Postby Blond Pharaoh » 13 Jan 2017, 16:48

Emma is always nice with all of them ..
PeruvianSpice

Postby PeruvianSpice » 13 Jan 2017, 18:11

I don't think it's a matter of GEM sharing their plans with Melanie C but maybe more about Emma speaking to Mel and sharing some of the plans...
-Claudia-

Postby -Claudia- » 13 Jan 2017, 23:52

https://www.thesun.co.uk/tvandshowbiz/2 ... s-reunion/

More rumours. Anyone could take an educated guess Geri would not be as involved in whatever it is they may or may not have planned, once she gives birth. Doesn't mean she's "left".
sammy01

Postby sammy01 » 14 Jan 2017, 00:02

Dan Wooten is such an odious creature. Who knows what Geri will do once she gives birth (he sure as hell doesn't) but either way Geri just this week was writing music with some producer on twitter. So Spice Girls reunion or not I doubt her intentions are to just sit around playing mother after giving birth or why even bother still writing and recording solo music, she could just knock everything on the head.
Follw me, you know you want to - https://twitter.com/Sammyb01
felx

Postby felx » 14 Jan 2017, 00:07

sammy01 wrote:Dan Wooten is such an odious creature. Who knows what Geri will do once she gives birth (he sure as hell doesn't) but either way Geri just this week was writing music with some producer on twitter. So Spice Girls reunion or not I doubt her intentions are to just sit around playing mother after giving birth or why even bother still writing and recording solo music, she could just knock everything on the head.

Geri was writing and recording music for the past 10 years.....without releasing it......she was the perfect housewife for the past few year, why would she want to come back on big scale (with the SG) now when she is married and having a baby???
"'Oh, you can't help that,' said the Cat: 'we're all mad here. I'm mad. You're mad.'
'How do you know I'm mad?' said Alice.
'You must be,' said the Cat, 'or you wouldn't have come here.'"
bryand

Postby bryand » 14 Jan 2017, 00:10

sammy01 wrote:Dan Wooten is such an odious creature. Who knows what Geri will do once she gives birth (he sure as hell doesn't) but either way Geri just this week was writing music with some producer on twitter. So Spice Girls reunion or not I doubt her intentions are to just sit around playing mother after giving birth or why even bother still writing and recording solo music, she could just knock everything on the head.

Dan Wootton is vile! Makes my skin crawl. He's sly and throws people under a bus so to speak.
Take this with a pinch of salt.
I still think the 5 will reunite at some stage. The GEM setup seems so hit n miss and disorganised. :Dizzy:
ForeverSpiceBoy
Location: Make it loud, 'cos the world is my dance floor! (Mexican living in Chile)

Postby ForeverSpiceBoy » 14 Jan 2017, 00:42

The article says "her baby is due LATER this year"... I don't think she's gonna be pregnant the whole year! LOL. We found out about the pregnancy in November, so at the most she'll give birth around april or may I guess

Return to “Spice Girls”