Spice Girls (GEM) Reunion Rumours Thread ☆ Mel B: “There’s no reunion set in stone.” [Page 614]

Slam your body down and post it all around!
Forum rules
We would kindly like to remind you that posting, requesting or linking to sites containing copyright material is against our rules and will result in a warning/ban.
TheBiatches

Spice Girls (GEM) Reunion Rumours Thread ☆ Mel B: “There’s no reunion set in stone.” [Page 614]

Postby TheBiatches » 22 Feb 2014, 02:55

Original Topic Title: 'We'd reform without VB if the right thing came along'
Previously titled: 2014 / 2015 / 2016 Reunion Rumours & Speculation Thread

New interview with the Daily Express. Here's the quote:

Will the Spice Girls get back together again?

Victoria (Beckham) doesn’t want to perform again but the rest of us talk about the possibility of doing something – if the right thing came along.

http://www.express.co.uk/life-style/lif ... -chip-shop"

Discuss.
VodkaMouth

Re: MelC: 'We'd reform without VB if the right thing came al

Postby VodkaMouth » 22 Feb 2014, 02:58

Ooooh, interesting!

She's changing her tune a little, isn't she?

For the 594926th time, I would love them to do something, even as a 4-piece, as long as it was nothing too cheap or tacky. The idea of just the four of them touring without Victoria just to perform old material feels a bit lazy, but then again, I can't see them bothering to record a new album and then going on tour. Oh well, I know I would be happy with almost anything music related, to be honest, so bring it on I say!
alee

Postby alee » 22 Feb 2014, 03:00

Didn't see your post here :$

i want a reunion with new material :p #thisornothing

TheBiatches

Postby TheBiatches » 22 Feb 2014, 03:05

^ Haha you only posted it one minute later in Melanie's forum! :D

I'm past caring, to be honest. But I know this will cause a little drama, so I had to post it here. :adam:

Last edited by TheBiatches on 22 Feb 2014, 03:05, edited 1 time in total.
Jay
Mod

Postby Jay » 22 Feb 2014, 03:05

I wonder what they would consider to be "the right thing to come along"? Makes it sound like someone needs to make them an offer! :p
mrvb_19

Postby mrvb_19 » 22 Feb 2014, 03:05

If not now, when?
kamel

Postby kamel » 22 Feb 2014, 03:24

A world tour or a tv special on itv will be great .
schizophonic_spice

Postby schizophonic_spice » 22 Feb 2014, 04:13

Never expected one of them to say this but if it did I'd have expected it to be Mel B not C.
Ice Spice

Postby Ice Spice » 22 Feb 2014, 04:27

^ lol, like MC is never this blunt :D
No, I agree, it wasn't a very good song < I still cringe when I remember this one
megzluvsmelc
Custom Title: Beautiful Mind

Postby megzluvsmelc » 22 Feb 2014, 04:32

Maybe for The Big Reunion? Oh wait bad idea.
Blond Pharaoh

Postby Blond Pharaoh » 22 Feb 2014, 04:33

Interesting :dee: I would love them to do it .
Amaranthine18

Postby Amaranthine18 » 22 Feb 2014, 06:36

I don't know what is stopping the 4 of them to come back.
dbomb12

Postby dbomb12 » 22 Feb 2014, 06:42

I still am not sure about them doing anything as a four piece because it would just look desperate and they would constantly have to talk about why Victoria isn't there and then defend their so called friendship and I think that would outshadow anything they would do or put out... the press would have a field day with this and I just see it having repercussions.

EDIT: Didn't see that it was Mel C saying that.
Last edited by dbomb12 on 25 Feb 2014, 08:39, edited 1 time in total.
AnnaXx

Postby AnnaXx » 22 Feb 2014, 07:15

This gives me hope! Whooo!!
Come on girls!! Asian tour pleaseee! (Manila particularly) lol.
And I don't care about the UK tabloids opinion about it.
All I care is they are willing to do something and I'm gonna support them all the way.
PeteRIGBY
Custom Title: Northern Spice

Postby PeteRIGBY » 22 Feb 2014, 07:29

chanelta wrote:
Amaranthine18 wrote:I don't know what is stopping the 4 of them to come back.

They hate each other, what else could it be? They are not sick, they don't have anything else going on for them, they have no shame in pasting their names unto anything, why are they not working together?? because they can't stand each other. It's why the reunion tour got cancelled in spite of making money, it's why they agreed to the musical, because they didn't have to spend time with each other, and it's why they aren't doing anything as a group and never will, they can't stand to be in the same room together for extended periods of time.

Seriously, what else could it be

That's a stupid thing to say. I think it's obvious that they're friends first and foremost who don't live in each others pockets!!! They keep saying they are so what does it take for you to believe that they're actually friends?!
Follow me on Twitter @PeteRIGBY
sammy01

Postby sammy01 » 22 Feb 2014, 09:29

chanelta wrote:
PeteRIGBY wrote:
chanelta wrote:

They hate each other, what else could it be? They are not sick, they don't have anything else going on for them, they have no shame in pasting their names unto anything, why are they not working together?? because they can't stand each other. It's why the reunion tour got cancelled in spite of making money, it's why they agreed to the musical, because they didn't have to spend time with each other, and it's why they aren't doing anything as a group and never will, they can't stand to be in the same room together for extended periods of time.

That's a stupid thing to say. I think it's obvious that they're friends first and foremost who don't live in each others pockets!!! They keep saying they are so what does it take for you to believe that they're actually friends?!

Then why can't they work together?' Why do they all keep saying they want a reunion and they are up for it yet it never takes place?

Having a reunion isn't about clicking their fingers and it happens. Being only 4 it would really have to be the right project and need proper backing. They obviously have no problem working or being together as the 4 of them got together for that cocktail launch last year, but then I'm sure the place that made the cocktails paid for everything and it was one afternoon so easy to commit to.

I personally want them to do Spice 20, an ITV show this winter celebrating their 20 years together. 1 big guest performer like Michael buble, loads of celebs in the audience, the 4 of them discussing old times and singing the old tunes. Maybe even a video message from Vic, which if done right could make Vic look good but too busy and proud and supportive of the 4 piece, but also let it be known to the public that this 4 piece is the new Spice girls.

Emma said she is doing 'singing' at the end of this year, we all assumed that meant solo music, but it could well be a Spice project.

Anyway I say go for it girls.
Follw me, you know you want to - https://twitter.com/Sammyb01
megzluvsmelc
Custom Title: Beautiful Mind

Postby megzluvsmelc » 22 Feb 2014, 09:44

I'd love them to do a ITV show too like Boyzone did last year.
ep7210

Postby ep7210 » 22 Feb 2014, 10:47

I think a TV show like boyzone's would be quite cheap, I mean studio is small and there is hardly atmosphere. No matter what they do, they cannot rely on their 2.5 albums catalog but need new album!!!
Suzanne
Custom Title: Addicted to shopping

Postby Suzanne » 22 Feb 2014, 10:48

chanelta wrote:
PeteRIGBY wrote:
chanelta wrote:

Then why can't they work together?' Why do they all keep saying they want a reunion and they are up for it yet it never takes place?

Not everything you want is always possible...
sammy01

Postby sammy01 » 22 Feb 2014, 10:51

Ice Spice wrote:^ lol, like MC is never this blunt :D
No, I agree, it wasn't a very good song < I still cringe when I remember this one

I think what Schizophonic_spice meant was Mel B is likely to say they will reunite with Adele replacing Victoria, because she just says anything and cant really be believed, so if Mel B said this then it could still be something she just imagined and conjured up in her head. With Mel C it is different, she is not one to say anything that isn't likely or at least possible to happen. If there was no possibility of something as a 4 piece she would say so and has done in the past. So this coming from reliable Mel C is very different to Mel B saying it.
Follw me, you know you want to - https://twitter.com/Sammyb01
MAD

Postby MAD » 22 Feb 2014, 12:29

they could give a try and lock themselves in a studio and see if they can give birth to some good songs. 3 of them live in the same city so it's not impossible . :grin:

(victoria can always create their tour costumes. :p )
auroragingerkitty

Postby auroragingerkitty » 22 Feb 2014, 12:44

dbomb12 wrote:I think its easy for Mel B to say that due to all the rumors to do with her and Vicky... but I still am not sure about them doing anything as a four piece because it would just look desperate and they would constantly have to talk about why Victoria isn't there and then defend their so called friendship and I think that would outshadow anything they would do or put out... the press would have a field day with this and I just see it having repercussions.

Yh i think this could happen. It wouldnt happen if it was a boy group tho which is not fair. I think if they surprised us all and came out with some truly cracking material, it could really work cos they still have the energy and enthusiasm. They can't wait too long tho cos they're not getting any younger
SW8

Postby SW8 » 22 Feb 2014, 13:49

If something of this is true, I hope that they think in same way like this:

New era, new look, new songs, new adapted sounds for the old songs, new mini-tour (like The Ultimate Tour of Take That)

To hear the same songs with 90's sound and same choreography we have their CDs and videos. Better not.
Stas
Custom Title: straight forward

Postby Stas » 22 Feb 2014, 14:29

SW8, I have thought about it, too. Take That totally re-invented themselves and were huge everywhere (except US, as usual). I think you can always re-invent yourself, if you have the right team, right material and right timing. I just think that Spice Girls are not one of these bands who can be arsed to work properly on new and good material because of their egos and ambitions, it's quite clear. They are all different and differencies usually come up during work. I think with guys it's easier, they don't have hormons or periods. :p
vortix

Postby vortix » 22 Feb 2014, 14:49

TheBiatches wrote:^ Haha you only posted it one minute later in Melanie's forum! :D

Oh, you re far more bitch then this :hug:

Return to “Spice Girls”