Adele

General discussion | 1 topic per artist | Old music forums are in the "Archive" section at the bottom for further reference (read only)
schizophonic_spice

Re: Adele

Postby schizophonic_spice » 26 Nov 2015, 19:15

Official Spiceworld wrote:ADELE overtakes Oasis' 18 year record from their 'Be Here Now' album from 1997, making 25 the fastest selling album in UK music history with sales of 737,000. :dee: :music:

Crazy record to beat in this day and age.

Noel Gallagher doesn't even like Be Here How though so I doubt he cares much.
Jay
Mod

Postby Jay » 26 Nov 2015, 19:25

'25' has reportedly broken the 3 million sales barrier in the US, with still one more day of sales counting towards its first week, wow!!

Very impressive in the UK too. I guess it'll end the week on under 800,000.
Official Spiceworld
Custom Title: Spice Girls Net

Postby Official Spiceworld » 26 Nov 2015, 19:30

These stats even put some of the SG sales to shame and even they sold shit loads of records.

Image via the Independent.
SPICE GIRLS NET - Twitter|Facebook|Blog|Instagram
TeddyBear
Custom Title: hit the lights

Postby TeddyBear » 26 Nov 2015, 22:02

sorry to anyone who adores her but i don't think she deserves this much success...
sammy01

Postby sammy01 » 26 Nov 2015, 22:06

TeddyBear wrote:sorry to anyone who adores her but i don't think she deserves this much success...

Because?
Follw me, you know you want to - https://twitter.com/Sammyb01
Vomiting Porpoise

Postby Vomiting Porpoise » 26 Nov 2015, 22:19

Official Spiceworld wrote:
Vomiting Porpoise wrote:I think many people buy adele,s albams without even liking them. They just want to be seen to be "on trend" ( Image ) and then leave the turd on the coffee table without even listening to it but like it there for when other people who also dislike adele come around so that they can comment on "how good the albam is" even though they,ve never listened to it but they want to sound like they are cognoscenti on the latest critically acclaimed fad , it,s all a vicious cycle and frankly it sickens me that some bastards are that desperate for social acceptance and gullible Image

Then there are the cunts that buy it because adele represents the larger woman :rolleyes: the "you can,t tell me I can,t do that because of my size" brigade who can,t help but buy it thanks to the subversive marketing that plays up to adele,s poundage by constantly highlighting it by stating how "unimportant" it is to her . there,s a lot of tricks at play here and really the tunes are quite far down the list of priorities when it comes to marketing an adele product.

let,s face it, adele is at best a distinctly average cabaret act who has come a long way on a lot of hype Image hopefully soon her bubble will burst wide open like her sofa cushions :think: x

the cow Image

I saw ADELE perform on Jools Holland back in 2008, I followed her on MySpace and bought her 19 album the day it came out and played it for months.

I definitely didn't jump on the band wagon.

21 was genuinely a great album and one of those decade defining albums like an MJ, Oasis, Spice Girls or Amy Winehouse type album.

I do agree that many people have jumped on board for 25 simply because of how successful 21 was, followed by all of the awards, the Oscars, Skyfall and the success of Hello.

you may be able to say that but the vast majority of her "fans" today cannot say the same Image x
Stas
Custom Title: straight forward

Postby Stas » 26 Nov 2015, 23:14

I didn't really care for Adele until I saw THAT performance of Someone like you at the Brits. Simply because I didn't pay attention to her music before. But after that performance I listened to the album and to the first album as well. I don't consider myself a fan, but it's great to see a singer who has her clothes on, writes her own music and can sing breaking records and dominating the world. Really tired of half-naked singers, who can't sing or whose songs sound all the same. :death:
spicefreak
Custom Title: Enjoy the show

Postby spicefreak » 27 Nov 2015, 00:07

Hometown glory did it for me :inlove: loved her ever since.
sammy01

Postby sammy01 » 27 Nov 2015, 00:26

Does it matter when someone becomes a fan of an artist?
Stas
Custom Title: straight forward

Postby Stas » 27 Nov 2015, 00:30

Apparently, we have to justify ourselves because some users think that we're jumping on the bandwagon with other people because she's popular right now. But it really annoys me when people say that. "You like this overproduced music because it's popular." How about I/we like it because we like it?

I think a lot of people on DenDen can honestly say that they have never followed the trends. C'mon, we love Spice Girls after all. Haha. :dee: :satan:
Jay
Mod

Postby Jay » 27 Nov 2015, 00:31

sammy01

Postby sammy01 » 27 Nov 2015, 00:33

Oh that is what I meant, does it matter if you like an artist from the begging, at their peak or on the decline, as long as you like the music who cares. At an artists peak they are getting the most exposure so it is only natural more people will be exposed to the music thus like it.
Vomiting Porpoise

Postby Vomiting Porpoise » 27 Nov 2015, 00:57

i listen to music i enjoy, nothing more nothing less, i refuse to be labelled a sheep; i stand alone from the flock because let,s face it there as thick as shit Image x

Official Spiceworld
Custom Title: Spice Girls Net

Postby Official Spiceworld » 27 Nov 2015, 02:16

Jay wrote:Image

I love Gaga of course, but these gifs made me laugh in general.

In no particular order I will always stand by my favs - Gaga, Adele, Lana, Duffy and Amy.
SPICE GIRLS NET - Twitter|Facebook|Blog|Instagram
Jay
Mod

Postby Jay » 27 Nov 2015, 19:26

Confirmed: 800,307 sold of 25 in the UK in its first week. :love:

http://www.officialcharts.com/chart-new ... er__12416/

547,884 - Physicals
252,423 - Downloads (highest ever download sales in 1 week)
SpiceFan2008
Custom Title: I JUST WANNA DANCE

Postby SpiceFan2008 » 28 Nov 2015, 01:51

Incredible!
She has also apparently sold 3.4 MILLION albums in the US!

Surely heading for a 5/6 million opening week worldwide?
VodkaMouth

Postby VodkaMouth » 28 Nov 2015, 03:48

sammy01 wrote:Does it matter when someone becomes a fan of an artist?

Of course it doesn't, but you just know there are thousands (maybe in this case millions) of people out there who have bought into the Adele-craze out of hype. It wouldn't be the first time that has happened and it surely won't be the last.

Have you never noticed how, when an artist dies, suddenly everyone seems to be a fan and acts a bit obsessed with that artist? Well, that is the same kind of attitude I'm noticing when it comes to Adele in this period. Suddenly everyone loves her, her songs, is excited about her tour and is completely aware of how much she is selling in every market.

I'm not talking about anyone on DenDen in particular, it's just something I have been seeing here, on Twitter and on Facebook.

Not like there is anything wrong with it, I just think it's funny.
forever_spice_boy01
Custom Title: i like boys

Postby forever_spice_boy01 » 28 Nov 2015, 07:07

XL Records must be so happy

Vomiting Porpoise

Postby Vomiting Porpoise » 28 Nov 2015, 09:25

VodkaMouth wrote:Have you never noticed how, when an artist dies, suddenly everyone seems to be a fan and acts a bit obsessed with that artist?

my pet hate Image x
onebigfan

Postby onebigfan » 28 Nov 2015, 11:43

I'm still obsessed with Hello, love, love, LOVE this song! Probably haven't loved a song this much since Rihanna's Only Girl (In The World) came out and that turned me into a massive Riri navy! Been a fan of Adele's since 21, but never really bought into her, even though I did buy 21 eventually. I'm loving her new music though, but will probably wait till Christmas before I buy 25 ... just incase.
sammy01

Postby sammy01 » 28 Nov 2015, 12:30

VodkaMouth wrote:
sammy01 wrote:Does it matter when someone becomes a fan of an artist?

Of course it doesn't, but you just know there are thousands (maybe in this case millions) of people out there who have bought into the Adele-craze out of hype. It wouldn't be the first time that has happened and it surely won't be the last.

Have you never noticed how, when an artist dies, suddenly everyone seems to be a fan and acts a bit obsessed with that artist? Well, that is the same kind of attitude I'm noticing when it comes to Adele in this period. Suddenly everyone loves her, her songs, is excited about her tour and is completely aware of how much she is selling in every market.

I'm not talking about anyone on DenDen in particular, it's just something I have been seeing here, on Twitter and on Facebook.

Not like there is anything wrong with it, I just think it's funny.

Because when famous people die we are exposed to their music again usually through the news etc and reminded of the person who died who might have been out of the limelight.

It isn't hard to understand exposure equals more chance of sales and people liking something. The song that gets played a zillion times on the radio sells more than the song that gets played once.

However when it comes to Adele she is selling in amounts that wont be seen again and although she is obviously widely known, it is no more so than Beyonce etc and Beyonce dropping that album randomly on itunes creating huge press, or Gaga dressing in a meat suit etc. The difference is Adele didn't need to go down those roots to get the attention and she is outselling those artist by like 20 to 1. At some point you just have to say maybe just maybe people love her music and the quality of it is what is driving the sales. I mean I'm not an Adele fan but 25 is a great record, I honestly cant see how anyone can complain over it. Anyone calling it boring hasn't listened to it properly or just wants/needs a reason to complain.
Melancholie

Postby Melancholie » 28 Nov 2015, 12:35

Adele doesn't pretend to be an untouchable sex object, she has a personality, not perfect but her own. Her music is honest, you won't be able to twerk to her songs. but I guess after a decade of personality-less blow up dolls singing about twerking and getting it on, it's a nice change to actually hear some honest emotions, imperfect, but honest.
VodkaMouth

Postby VodkaMouth » 28 Nov 2015, 13:12

sammy01 wrote:However when it comes to Adele she is selling in amounts that wont be seen again and although she is obviously widely known, it is no more so than Beyonce etc and Beyonce dropping that album randomly on itunes creating huge press, or Gaga dressing in a meat suit etc. The difference is Adele didn't need to go down those roots to get the attention and she is outselling those artist by like 20 to 1. At some point you just have to say maybe just maybe people love her music and the quality of it is what is driving the sales. I mean I'm not an Adele fan but 25 is a great record, I honestly cant see how anyone can complain over it. Anyone calling it boring hasn't listened to it properly or just wants/needs a reason to complain.

And I respect her for selling her music rather than her body or crazy outfits, such artists are needed just like artists who actually put on a show and entertain are needed.

Again, I don't have anything against the woman, she seems to be extremely nice, simple and cute and the music is good (although I would never be able to put myself through a full album by her), but I have already read many tweets where people were buying the album out of hype, and I just don't understand it. Everyone can do what the fuck they want with their money and buy 70 copies of '25' if they want to, of course, I just think it's very odd.
sammy01

Postby sammy01 » 28 Nov 2015, 13:48

People just have faith that Adele will deliver a great album and they have that faith through her delivering 2 great ones already before 25 came out.

I also dislike the word hype when used with Adele, hype is your Beyonce's or Gaga's stick, it isn't Adele's. Hype means to exaggerate something which isn't what is happening with Adele. It is anticipation, anticipation of a great album, sung with a great voice that conveys emotion and she delivers. It is pretty simple really there is no real over stating with the album, Adele isn't claiming it the best album of the century or the next Thriller or randomly dropping it on itunes. She is just releasing a great album.

Who knows the album market might not be as shitty as it is if more artists actually put the emphasis on making a great album, not the ways in which they can hype it up and bluff people into buying it.

Ed Sheeran has been the biggest selling album of the last couple of years until 25 dropped and he again just delivered a great album, of great songs, sung in his soulful voice.
VodkaMouth

Postby VodkaMouth » 28 Nov 2015, 15:18

You dislike the word hype when used with Adele? Why exactly? There has been a MASSIVE hype about this album release for months now while there was no hype surrounding Beyoncé's last album because no one was expecting it.

Also, it's true she isn't pulling any stunts to sell the album, but don't forget you can't find '25' on streaming services which means you have to buy it if you want to listen to it legally.

Return to “Music”