The Saturdays-Stoke 2012 Peformance

Pick up the board and post on it, spam up the place if you want it.
SpiceFan2008
Custom Title: I JUST WANNA DANCE

The Saturdays-Stoke 2012 Peformance

Postby SpiceFan2008 » 22 Jun 2012, 13:57

Their set at Stoke festival.
Loving this performance at the moment. Vanessa sounds brilliant during 30 Days. I think we're seeing a hint of old Vanessa back!

What does everyone else think?
schizophonic_spice

Re: The Saturdays-Stoke 2012 Peformance

Postby schizophonic_spice » 22 Jun 2012, 16:55

Why was Una not there? is it because she was filming that reality sports show?
SpiceFan2008
Custom Title: I JUST WANNA DANCE

Postby SpiceFan2008 » 22 Jun 2012, 16:59

Yeah, I think so.
TheDoctor

Postby TheDoctor » 22 Jun 2012, 17:25

This is why I hate them sometimes. They book a gig, but one member decides she's got something more important to do so doesn't turn up? They're just so unproffesional at times that I get quite embaressed that I like them so much. Una's my favourite, and I would be livid if I'd paid to go to that Stoke gig and they just waltzed on stage without her.

If you wanna be the big type of act you think you are girls, get a grip and start behaving like a proper music act!
c9r7o5

Postby c9r7o5 » 22 Jun 2012, 18:09

CSweet7 wrote:This is why I hate them sometimes. They book a gig, but one member decides she's got something more important to do so doesn't turn up? They're just so unproffesional at times that I get quite embaressed that I like them so much. Una's my favourite, and I would be livid if I'd paid to go to that Stoke gig and they just waltzed on stage without her.

If you wanna be the big type of act you think you are girls, get a grip and start behaving like a proper music act!

I totally agree with you, I love The Saturdays, but things like this make me think they're a joke... They're not relevant in the music scene right now, they aren't part of the big summer festivals (T4OTB, VFestival..) and what do they do?? Perform as a 4-piece act with an old intro to their set that only makes people think they've got no budget!
Stewie
Previous username(s): CharlesEt
Custom Title: Griffin

Postby Stewie » 23 Jun 2012, 13:26

13:05 The voice and the face! Priceless.

Also, didn't expect Rochelle to go falsetto at the end of 'All Fired Up', I thought she was able to pull off Una's part without resorting to a Vanessa-y kind of expedient.
Javi
Custom Title: f.k.a. IER

Postby Javi » 23 Jun 2012, 18:04

I agree about them not being professional.

Here in Spain we had a reality show similar to The Voice and there were 5 famous entablished singers as judges. Everytime one of them had a gig lined up the same day of filming, they would replace them with another famous singer. So they show they are SINGERS afterall and don't miss any gig for the TV show. Una has done the opposite. Missing a gig, missing HER WORK, to film a tv show where she doesn't sing. She's a singer, so she should've been on stage with the other girls and someone else should've replaced her in the TV show for that day.

Btw, I don't agree with Vanessa being back on form. To me she sounds as bad as usual and she gets worse towards the end of the performance. The end of AFU is a disaster, if she can't even handle the same studio notes of the song, why did she try to change them giving them a higher tone? It got worse.
-If you really bug me, then I'll say goodbye.
TheDoctor

Postby TheDoctor » 23 Jun 2012, 21:13

I think it was an awful performance if I'm honest. Mollie was the only one who sounded decent/ good to me. Vanessa's ongoing problems were evident, Rochelle's voice sounded harsher and worse tha normal and Frankie was shit as normal.
Karinspice

Postby Karinspice » 23 Jun 2012, 21:38

Great!
Frankie's hair is a bit long from the back, I hope she won't let them grow out, i want it to be short :)

Return to “The Saturdays”