The Saturdays Singles Rank [Results!]

Pick up the board and post on it, spam up the place if you want it.
Jay
Mod

Re: The Saturdays Singles Rank [Results!]

Postby Jay » 09 Jun 2012, 02:57

2nd Place [with 191 points]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=35LA3Rb6VOQ

Stats
Release: October 2010
Peak: #10
Sales: 305,000

Here we have DenDen's runner up single - 'Higher'!

From the first (pre-album release) performance, it was clear that The Saturdays had struck gold with this pop gem - so it was very frustrating for most fans that the label hadn't chosen this song to be the first single from 'Headlines'.

After the 'Higher' video debuted, success was almost instantaneous - just a week later, the album version of the song was on the cusp of the Top 20, having climbed to #22. Then it got stuck, hanging around 22-25 area of the chart for an agonising six whole weeks! The reason? Fascination seemingly hadn't anticipated the immediate demand for this release. The CD single / Flo Rida version weren't available until 6 weeks after the initial video premiere. This lack of availability severely damaged The Saturdays' chances of achieving a deserved good peak - in the end, 'Higher' peaked at #10, only 58 sales ahead of the #11. Pop injustice!

While this single remains their third lowest charting, it's actually their third best selling single, with healthy overall sales of over 300,000 copies. Shame about the artwork though. :p
Jay
Mod

Postby Jay » 09 Jun 2012, 03:15

1st Place [with 195 points]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d-OBAXHfgqE

Stats
Release: May 2011
Peak: #8
Sales: 180,000

Surprising & interesting winner, imo! DenDen declares 'Notorious' as the best Saturdays single. :angel:

The lead single from 'On Your Radar' was released "On Air/On Sale" - in this case, 3 days after the music video premiere, 2 days after the radio premiere, and 1 day after its first television performance. It got off to a very good start, racing up the iTunes chart and achieving a midweek position of #5. Despite falling to #8 by Sunday, this was still an excellent result.

Did the girls continue plugging away to ensure the single continued to be successful? Heck no, they went on holiday. :think: The single languished without further support, falling 8-21-33 on the charts. When the full release came 5 weeks later, with a little more promo, 'Notorious' limped back up the charts to #18. After Nicola Roberts' debut single bombed with an 'On Air/On Sale' release, Universal promptly abandoned the strategy altogether, going back to the more traditional "6 to 8 week build up".

Is this single a worthy winner? Let your thoughts be heard!
Charmingspice5
Custom Title: Show Me Love

Postby Charmingspice5 » 09 Jun 2012, 09:35

:love: Yay! Didn't Expect "Notorious" to end up at number 1 but I'm honestly really happy that it did! My 2nd favorite single by the group any of the Top 3 were deserving of 1st place imo
Stewie
Previous username(s): CharlesEt
Custom Title: Griffin

Postby Stewie » 09 Jun 2012, 10:42

I expected it to be high, but not at the top!
It's definitely one of those "innovative but still Saturdays-ish " tracks, that's why I think it ended up winning the poll.
Tiger
Custom Title: AKA Joe

Postby Tiger » 09 Jun 2012, 12:02

Honestly surprised that anything would beat Higher but any order in the top 3 and I'd be happy because I love all the songs! :-)
SpiceFan2008
Custom Title: I JUST WANNA DANCE

Postby SpiceFan2008 » 09 Jun 2012, 13:38

Great result for the top 3!

Absolutely love Notorious, so a deserved win for me!
Javi
Custom Title: f.k.a. IER

Postby Javi » 09 Jun 2012, 15:33

VERY surprised about Notorious being #1. Didn't expect it at all. I'm glad fans like it. I'm sure the fact that it was the opener of the last tour gained a lot of love from fans.
-If you really bug me, then I'll say goodbye.
schizophonic_spice

Postby schizophonic_spice » 09 Jun 2012, 17:05

I like the Top 3 alot but it wouldn't be my order of preference.

Return to “The Saturdays”