New album (2012)

Pick up the board and post on it, spam up the place if you want it.
Javi
Custom Title: f.k.a. IER

Re: New album (2012)

Postby Javi » 08 Jun 2012, 23:12

Stitch wrote:
IER wrote:
Jay wrote:I genuinely think 'Get Ready, Get Set' could have been huge for them. It's really sad that it's gone to waste on a #23, 50k selling album.

If 30 Days, a song that most fans found quite 'meh' is midweek #2, if they had released Get Ready Get Set, imagine what could've happened. The album might have been still a flop, but they had a #1 in their hands and let it go.

Higher was a sure fire #1, but look what happened there. Up. Ego. One Shot. They waste all their opportunties.

Higher would've been #1 if they had released it one month earlier or even if they had relased Headlines after the Higher release.
-If you really bug me, then I'll say goodbye.
Tiger
Custom Title: AKA Joe

Postby Tiger » 08 Jun 2012, 23:41

Completely agree IER! Although because it seemed to be everywhere alot of people I talk to abou think it went to number 1, I decided not to correct them
Javi

Postby Javi » 09 Jun 2012, 15:36

Yeah, I guess that most people know the song and even if it isn't their best selling single, I think it's their most famous song ever (even more than Up and Ego). It's such a shame that the release has so poorly handled cos they had a #1 on their hands and let it go. And given the fact that it was Top30 for 6 weeks prior to its official release, it shows they didn't even need Flo Rida on board.
Tiger
Custom Title: AKA Joe

Postby Tiger » 09 Jun 2012, 19:52

IER wrote:Yeah, I guess that most people know the song and even if it isn't their best selling single, I think it's their most famous song ever (even more than Up and Ego). It's such a shame that the release has so poorly handled cos they had a #1 on their hands and let it go. And given the fact that it was Top30 for 6 weeks prior to its official release, it shows they didn't even need Flo Rida on board.

I was going to ask if Flo Ridas involvement was why it was pushed back but that must've been decided before they decided the release date surely?
Stewie
Previous username(s): CharlesEt
Custom Title: Griffin

Postby Stewie » 10 Jun 2012, 01:30

There were rumors that 'Higher' had a late September release date, so it could have been delayed because of Flo-Rida, even if we can't be sure about it.
Javi

Postby Javi » 10 Jun 2012, 18:51

The video (and the Flo Rida version) were peremiered in September if I'm not wrong and that's when the song jumped inside the Top30 and stayed there for 6 weeks. So the late release date had nothing to do with Flo Rida's feature. They could've easily released the full thing in September or October.

Return to “The Saturdays”