The Gift: Explained!

A DenDen-Gift for Geri (read-only, result will be posted in the Geri Halliwell-forum!)
Jeremai
Custom Title: Mathematician

Re: The Gift: Explained!

Postby Jeremai » 31 May 2008, 01:00

sarah_jean wrote:
Sonja wrote:sounds good but i'm still a lil confused how it will be.

this looks rlly cool
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VIkxCXWf9-U

I kind of knew about that project, but never saw what was done. I really like that.

Judy and Becca showed it to me when we were in Toronto and I was totally impressed!
I bet Melanie was blown away by it. :)
Argyle-Spice
Custom Title: X-Phile

Postby Argyle-Spice » 01 Jun 2008, 08:17

OMG! Sorry, I just found out about this now. Can anybody do a fanletter? And if so, when and where do I submit it?
Jeremai

Postby Jeremai » 01 Jun 2008, 16:36

argyle wrote:OMG! Sorry, I just found out about this now. Can anybody do a fanletter? And if so, when and where do I submit it?

Everyone participating gets a 100 word statement to Geri. Along with a headshot, name, age and location.
I can still squeeze you in for a job, just apply through PM after reading the first post in this topic. viewtopic.php?f=186&t=165250
The more people who help out, the less everyone has to do! :)
[andrew]
Custom Title: Straight No Chaser

Postby [andrew] » 19 Jun 2008, 02:59

I don't mean to bash by any means, but doesn't this seem like a "zomg they did it so we are going to do it now!" pretty soon each spice girl will have their own denden gift. Even the denden gift they gave was stemmed from the blanket or whatever that was given before.

I guess the point I'm making is that each time a "gift to : *insert spice girl here*" is given it loses it's specialness and creativeness. I understand you've taken the time to make this and I say kudos to you cause I'm sure the talents that are here are beyond fathom, but it seems like each spicegirl fanbase is like a small child of Dennis.

Naturally Dennis can't show bias towards one child so each child, by default, must have a turn at making and giving "a gift"

Anyways, best of luck and have fun with it! I'm sure the magazine will be excellent. :)
MaggieJayne
Custom Title: beautiful robots

Postby MaggieJayne » 19 Jun 2008, 07:43

Um, I don't understand why you wrote that. It doesn't make any sense to me...

You don't like it, or you don't care? Or, you're sick of it?

You didn't really make a point.
Katie Spice
Custom Title: FAME HOOKER

Postby Katie Spice » 19 Jun 2008, 08:57

What's the issue if every girl has a gift?
This IS a SPICE GIRLS forum, right?
So wouldn't it only be fair to give equal attention to every girl?
Jeremai

Postby Jeremai » 20 Jun 2008, 06:31

[andrew] wrote:pretty soon each spice girl will have their own denden gift. Even the denden gift they gave was stemmed from the blanket or whatever that was given before.

I don't think there's anything wrong with all of them getting a gift from the fans. Obviously Melanie C has gotten multiple gifts on a group and individual basis, so I think the rest should as well... maybe not as close together as it's happening though.

I disagree, so far, the gifts are quite different. Geri was originally going to get a scrapbook, but since that's what Melanie got, I made sure we did something completely different. And if I'm not mistaken, Emma is getting a framed something. For all we know, Victoria will get an outfit and Mel B will get a new husband lol. I undestand how they are all kind of related, but the idea of a gift to them is NOT anything new, in most cases I think it's the fan's way of coping with Spiceworld coming and going all over again.
Lyndsay
Custom Title: BroadwayLove

Postby Lyndsay » 20 Jun 2008, 14:35

^Exactly, there are a huge variety of gifts we could give each of the Girls, so it's not like they are receiving the same thing over and over again.

Return to “Gift for Geri”