Your parents viewpoint on this gift?

Over 80 DenDeners from all over the world joined in to give Melanie C a gift. (Read only)
ivana_sw
Custom Title: Mrs. Hatwell

Re: Your parents viewpoint on this gift?

Postby ivana_sw » 17 Apr 2008, 03:49

Masterpiece wrote:My mom and dad love the idea. They never supported any of my craziness over Melanie 'till the day I met her and told them how nice she was. After that all, after I told them how Nancy was so cool, how Ying was oh so nice, Thomas was the coolest, after they saw all the Live Hits related stuff (myself in the audience, Melanie signing my CD in the interview part, GM:TV stuff), they totally transformed themselves into Melanie C fans. My dad was a musician back in his teenage days, he loves her lyrics. My mom plays one of her albums everyday while she's doing housework, before or after her absolute favorite Robbie Williams. And now they both come to my room to check if there any new performances or interviews of Melanie.

Basically, my whole family loves her now, 'cos they thought she'd be one of those star-ish celebs and she's completely the opposite. They support her, and they totally gave me ideas for the gift. My mom wants to meet her, wants to give her a mom hug, 'cos she says whoever makes me happy, makes her happier. Same with my dad. I have very supportive parents.

that is soooo lovely!!!!!!! :)
untitled1

Postby untitled1 » 22 Apr 2008, 15:14

I haven't told my parents and I doubt I ever will. My mum would think it's a waste of time! She doesn't "get" my love for Melanie / the Girls.
fafafab

Postby fafafab » 24 Apr 2008, 21:04

my mom has no idea :D vic's dad was the one who took it to the post office coz we've both been so busy lately we had to ask for help to get it sent

i don't know if vic told him what it was but my father in law has always been very suportive of vic's love for the spice girls and specially for melanie C
JJ_Real

Postby JJ_Real » 24 Apr 2008, 22:38

I don't live with my mom so she doesnt know every little thing but she does know that I'm driving to Canada with a fellow dendener. She does think I'm a little off-the-wall for doing so but understands that there is absolutely nothing she can do to stop me. Agree to disagree, I guess. She was worried and wanted me to check my tires out and layed out the money so I could get 4 new ones. Wasn't exactly part of the plan financially. This trip is costing way more than expected. But I am a very spontaneous person and it's not out of character for me to get up and go! My mom even lent my best friend money so she could fly to London, ON, see the show and drive back home with me (9 hrs.) But I've always had someone I was into my whole life. First Debbie Gibson, then NKOTB and now Melanie. The only difference between the three is that the first two DG & NKOTB my mom financed every concert, magazine, memorabilia and now Melanie is totally my responsibilty.
SPORTYWOOD

Postby SPORTYWOOD » 23 May 2008, 03:11

My mother Think I am stupid and I lost my time and my money when I go see shows. But I don't care.

And my friends says that I am a obsseded Melanie C psycho lol :p
hoodiegirl

Postby hoodiegirl » 24 May 2008, 01:48

^^^^^thank god im not the only one hahahaha.

Return to “Here and Now - A gift from all around the world”