Your parents viewpoint on this gift?

Over 80 DenDeners from all over the world joined in to give Melanie C a gift. (Read only)
hoodiegirl

Your parents viewpoint on this gift?

Postby hoodiegirl » 11 Apr 2008, 00:23

alrite..ummm is it just me or does anyone elses parents hate them for doing this gift too? bc basically i was called a child and a piece of shit, seriously...SCREAMING at me. I told my parents about the gift because i thought it was an really cool idea, how awesome a huge scrapbook from around the world (thats sick in my mind) And im thinking my parents were goin to be like omg that so cool..NOPE! i get "you're a fucking child and piece of shit..." sorry i really needed to vent about this and I was just wondering if anyone else's parents made such a big deal over this awesome idea.
x Lizzy x

Re: Your parents viewpoint on this gift?

Postby x Lizzy x » 11 Apr 2008, 00:28

My Dad didn't really say much.. I asked for his help as I wanted the England Three Lions logo as one of my extras.. I found it myself in the end but he was going to go and look for one to help..

My Mum would probably make some sarcastic comment if I'd told her.. she isn't really interested in anything I say that's Melanie/Spice Girls related. If she did say anything nasty though I'd just ignore her like I normally do :D
Last edited by x Lizzy x on 11 Apr 2008, 00:29, edited 1 time in total.
Avadore
Custom Title: renegade

Postby Avadore » 11 Apr 2008, 00:28

Wow, that's horrible.. and mean.. I'm sorry to hear that.
I don't live with my parents but I did tell my mom about it and she seemed to think it was kinda neat or she's just indifferent about the whole thing...
I hope peoples' parents aren't getting too upset.
Judes

Postby Judes » 11 Apr 2008, 00:29

wow! how nice :dizzy

That's kinda of a harsh way to treat someone isn't it?

Well my parents think it's cool that I'm doing it and will love seeing the book when it's finished. The only part they (well my dad) doesnt like is that sometimes registered mail comes and I "lock myself away in my room with my music blasting" therefore I don't hear the mail man pounding at the door. Oh well :p
Samuel-Bennett
Custom Title: I Am Sam

Postby Samuel-Bennett » 11 Apr 2008, 00:31

My Mum and Dad think it's a brilliant Idea, my Mum LOVES Melanie anyway, she likes all the Spice Girls, my Dad does too but doesn't admit it lol. They've helped me with idea's and given their opinion
Becca
Mod
Custom Title: My Name is Green

Postby Becca » 11 Apr 2008, 00:35

My parents are pretty pumped up about it but:

1. I don't have to mail anything since I'm flying meet up with Judy.
2. I don't have to wait for the mail man every day.
3. It's not costing them anything.
4. They know that once this is over, I am moving out and basically have to grow up. Go figure.

But I'm sorry you've been treated so terribly. I don't think it's fair at all.
-Hannah-
Custom Title: [h]

Postby -Hannah- » 11 Apr 2008, 00:39

I thought my mom would be unhappy, but a first she said
"I dont want you talking to these people, they might be perverts"
But she likes it and shes the one who even took it to the post office!
AKMelnick
Custom Title: Anna

Postby AKMelnick » 11 Apr 2008, 00:47

My mum is awesome about it. "Go to the store and get a better pen!" lol. She trusts my judgment with people and I do trust most DenDen'ers. MOST. She is calling the trip hitchhiking in the 21st century because I am going alone and riding with "internet people." But she thinks its better than how she hitchhiked when she was young. At least I know a little about the people. Overall my parents are supportive of the project and the trip...."Do it while your young."
Jo Spice

Postby Jo Spice » 11 Apr 2008, 00:59

Really? :hmm: When I was working on it, my mom goes "I'm not even going to ask what you're doing..." because I had paint all over my hands (I had the idea on using my hand print as the flag, but it didn't turn out well) But I told her and she said, "Wow, that sounds really nice."
Becca
Mod

Postby Becca » 11 Apr 2008, 01:00

worsh1p wrote:I thought my mom would be unhappy, but a first she said

haha- you still don't know... we might be :devil:

My mom has ALWAYS been like that though, so I know how it goes!
Judes

Postby Judes » 11 Apr 2008, 01:02

BeccaSpice wrote:
worsh1p wrote:I thought my mom would be unhappy, but a first she said

haha- you still don't know... we might be :devil:

My mom has ALWAYS been like that though, so I know how it goes!

yeah, when we were on the phone once wasn't you family saying i'm so creepy old man or something!? hahaha
buster_munster

Postby buster_munster » 11 Apr 2008, 01:03

my mom laughed at me...
she finds my whole love for the spice girls hilarious and says, "aren't I too old, aren't Spice Girls for children?" she doesn't believe when I tell her most Spice fans are my age... I think she thinks everyone else out grew the Spice phase and they have a new fan base except me.... she wasn't too impressed about me going to so 3 concerts but then when i got home she asked me how it was.

my dad gets terribly embarrased when he sees me on tv at mtv or much, yet he asks me when I'm going to be on so he can watch. I got to ask mel b a question back in november on mtv and my mom judged me and said that I spoke too fast and I shoudl slow down next time.
Judes

Postby Judes » 11 Apr 2008, 01:15

:( this thread makes me sad
Becca
Mod

Postby Becca » 11 Apr 2008, 01:18

I think when it comes to our fascination/love of the spice girls collectively or individually - it's often something that comes from the inside that our parents can't possibly understand. When I was 14, after two years of spice covered walls, my dad told me he thought it was just going to be a phase. Now, he has since realized a phase it is not, and they've come to respect it.

I have to admit it is REALLY nice having them on my side, now. Although I'm sure they'd rather me spend my money in different ways... but who cares.
Anne Rackham
Previous username(s): Analicia/luckyxIII
Custom Title: living a Gypsy life

Postby Anne Rackham » 11 Apr 2008, 01:23

I dont live with my parents so they dont know about it. They think I'm done with my "Spice Obsession"... little do they know hahaha! They know I went to the concert in Dec. and that Im flying up to Canada, alone, to see Melanie. Dont think they approve of that bit, but I have no one to go with so my choices are pretty limited in that aspect of things. But they trust me and know I'm not gonna do something stupid.
I just wish all parents were the same way...
Avadore

Postby Avadore » 11 Apr 2008, 01:28

My family doesn't understand why I still love the Spice Girls since two of my sisters apparently did grow out of it.. but they don't care.
It's the same as my mom still watching the facts of life, hahaha.. sorta.
Samuel-Bennett
Custom Title: I Am Sam

Postby Samuel-Bennett » 11 Apr 2008, 01:33

In the first few Spice Years they used to moan sometimes and say it was "obsessive" my reply was always "If you've never been a fan of anyone you'll never understand" and "So the worst thing I am is a Spice Girls fan... god it must be so hard for you" but it was rare that they moaned, they took me all over to see them at times and supported that, if I ever needed to borrow money to buy a single or album it wasn't a problem. My Mum and Dad both waved at Melanie while I was meeting her lol but they were too far away, My Mum has met Emma twice as well and my Dad met her once, My Sister has met Emma and Melanie C, so they're all pretty cool about it.

My Mum is always the first person to jump to their defence as well which I love
ivana_sw
Custom Title: Mrs. Hatwell

Postby ivana_sw » 11 Apr 2008, 02:15

i havent told my parents about the project.. lol i didnt wanna hear what my mom had to say lol....
she already knows im obsessed with the spice girls... at this point i think nothing would surprise her...
everytime she sees me doing/watching/listening to something spice related she always says... you and ur spice girls.. ur obsessed... why do u love them soo much??
but yet.. when i look at melanie b on access she watches with me... go figure! (mel b is her favorite, im guessing cuz of DWTS)
like when i bought her autobiography i said... look at what i got... she said.. omg u n ur spice girls.. then she took it from me and started to look at the pictures!! haha :D :D
when i told her i was going to see melanie c.. she got excited.. she thought it was melanie b ( :despise: mom get ur spice girls straight!!!) then i told her it was mel c not mel b... and she said.. oh no i wanna see mel b... :D
belli0
Custom Title: word.

Postby belli0 » 11 Apr 2008, 02:17

Aww.. this is all so humanizing, in a way.. that so many of us are past our childhoods, getting out there into the world, but are doing this crazy crazy thing that most people just won't get. When it comes down to it, no matter how old we are, there's that Spice-crazed child inside that never went away... and God knows how long before he/she does. :)
My parents just kinda accept that fact and encourage whatever I need to do--we all need to let our stress out some way!

It's my friends who have given me the most crap.. ::shakes fist::
Anne Rackham
Previous username(s): Analicia/luckyxIII
Custom Title: living a Gypsy life

Postby Anne Rackham » 11 Apr 2008, 02:19

My Spice Crazed Child never went away really. She was laying dormant until the re-union lol. I doubt I'll ever NOT like the Spice Girls...
Avadore

Postby Avadore » 11 Apr 2008, 02:20

belli0, well said.
Snapple Spice

Postby Snapple Spice » 11 Apr 2008, 03:11

Haha, Im not very open with my parents (they dont even know who my favorite Spice Girl is, honestly we dont talk much), so I just handed it ready to be mailed to my dad and was like "here...can you bring this to the post office?" and he just did it...he asked what it was and I just told him it was for a scrap book so he was like "oh thats cool". :p
~I Love Melanie C :)~
hoodiegirl

Postby hoodiegirl » 11 Apr 2008, 04:19

awww this thread is quit depressing...just makes me so mad that parents are so f,in negative ya know? like really they've never said a positive word about anything i've done. even with school i just graduated in january and im taking my lsats in june for law school and still all negative b.s i need to move out. But yea its true noone gets "it" hahaha. Thats why i f,in love den den you guys always put a smile on my face! lol my mom is like who the hell are these "people" haha she goes whos putting this book together! im like JUDES AND BECCA! shes like yea old men probably...im like nooo they are secret agents hahahahah. i was being a sarcastic bitch. but word up, this "project" rocks and i dont care what people say. i told one of my friends and she was like thats awesome!. so yea thanks for making me feel better peeps. see you all in canada oh and i cant wait for the video on youtube to come out...of you guys giving the book to mel, because for real...its goin to happen. haha.
Judes

Postby Judes » 11 Apr 2008, 04:24

^ we hope! Can't get our hopes up though!! :D
Beckah

Postby Beckah » 11 Apr 2008, 05:44

I've been on and Idina Menzel forum since '05, and I talk to friends from there on the phone, send things to them, etc. So my mom is pretty cool with the whole 'forum' thing. She still thinks I'm a freak, because I love Melanie C so much...but I can deal with it, lol. She isn't mean to be about it, she just makes fun of me! lol. But sorry you were treated so horribly about it! Not cool!

Return to “Here and Now - A gift from all around the world”