Cheryl - Call My Name (6th Single)

What WILL the DenDeners say?
Fenrik
Custom Title: OSLOVE

Re: Cheryl Cole - Call My Name

Postby Fenrik » 23 Apr 2012, 00:36

Fine.

Cause then I can bring the DVD whenever I`m visiting my mother on the other side of the country! :D
She doesn`t have a PS3 or a blu-ray player :Dizzy: :p
Javi
Custom Title: f.k.a. IER

Postby Javi » 23 Apr 2012, 15:00

wildhope wrote:Persoanlly, I don't think I will want to pay to see her concert. She doesn't have the vocal ability to do that and nor she has the dancing chops to come with it. But oh well...

If Britney Spears can do a tour nowadays, everyone can.

I still don't get why people critisize her vocals that much. Yeah, she's no Adele, but she isn't Geri Halliwell either. She is/was on a girlband after performing live week after week to get her place on that band. So it's not like she can't put 2 notes together.

She hasn't sung live that much since she went solo, but that doesn't mean she can't do it. Obviously her tour will be full of backing vocals and pre-recorded tracks, but she can do it.
-If you really bug me, then I'll say goodbye.
Jamie

Postby Jamie » 23 Apr 2012, 17:16

But Britney is Britney - she could sell out arenas by sitting on stage, pressing play on a CD player and reading a book.
wildhope
Previous username(s): crashworld

Postby wildhope » 23 Apr 2012, 17:29

IER wrote:
wildhope wrote:Persoanlly, I don't think I will want to pay to see her concert. She doesn't have the vocal ability to do that and nor she has the dancing chops to come with it. But oh well...

I still don't get why people critisize her vocals that much. Yeah, she's no Adele, but she isn't Geri Halliwell either. She is/was on a girlband after performing live week after week to get her place on that band. So it's not like she can't put 2 notes together.

She hasn't sung live that much since she went solo, but that doesn't mean she can't do it. Obviously her tour will be full of backing vocals and pre-recorded tracks, but she can do it.

This is also why I won't pay to watch Britney's concert.
I am not saying she is a terrible single, but I wouldn't pay to watch her sing 'live' as a solo act given her limited vocal range and not so fantastic dance moves.
Girls Aloud, on the other hand, I will definitely pay to watch them 'live'.
Tiger
Custom Title: AKA Joe

Postby Tiger » 23 Apr 2012, 17:42

Stitch wrote:But Britney is Britney - she could sell out arenas by sitting on stage, pressing play on a CD player and reading a book.

LMAO! Pretty much sums up the Circus Tour :p
Javi

Postby Javi » 24 Apr 2012, 13:40

Stitch wrote:But Britney is Britney - she could sell out arenas by sitting on stage, pressing play on a CD player and reading a book.

I know. I didn't mean that she (Cheryl) will sell out arenas. I meant that she can do a tour if there's a demand for it, not matter how limited her vocals/dancing is.

Her fanbase is big enough to make at least 2 or 3 arenas across the UK. If The Saturdays could fill 40-50% of an arena, Cheryl can fill at least 75% of them, specially if she manages to get Will.I.Am on board and gets a nice known decent supporting act.
Jay
Mod

Postby Jay » 26 Apr 2012, 01:04

Lmfao <3
Jamie

Postby Jamie » 26 Apr 2012, 01:32

LOL
onebigfan

Postby onebigfan » 26 Apr 2012, 10:02

wildhope wrote:
IER wrote:

I am not saying she is a terrible single, but I wouldn't pay to watch her sing 'live' as a solo act given her limited vocal range and not so fantastic dance moves.

Girls Aloud have always performed live on their tours. If you watch their DVD's back you can tell it's live. That is why so many people like Girls Aloud, not only do they make good pop music but they put on a good show and actually sing live :)
Paul!
Custom Title: 18...13...9..5..2.0

Postby Paul! » 29 Apr 2012, 19:46

I'm pretty much over this song already. I hope the video will be great.
Mandarke

Postby Mandarke » 29 Apr 2012, 22:57

Stitch wrote:Owes them nothing? If it wasn't for them, she'd still be on a council estate and having 20 kids...she owes all her success to Girls Aloud.

She owes Girls Aloud, and Girls Aloud owe her.
Charmingspice5
Custom Title: Show Me Love

Postby Charmingspice5 » 30 Apr 2012, 02:10

^^
Good point.
DaniSpiceBoy

Postby DaniSpiceBoy » 30 Apr 2012, 13:07

People saying she's not a good dancer is just ridiculous. You may like her or not, but she is the perfect pop star.
TeddyBear
Custom Title: hit the lights

Postby TeddyBear » 01 May 2012, 01:09

DaniSpiceBoy wrote:but she is the perfect pop star.
well that's an overstatement... she may be considered great to some extent but she is nowhere near perfect
Javi

Postby Javi » 03 May 2012, 15:23

Mandarke wrote:
Stitch wrote:Owes them nothing? If it wasn't for them, she'd still be on a council estate and having 20 kids...she owes all her success to Girls Aloud.

She owes Girls Aloud, and Girls Aloud owe her.

I agree.

it's the same case as Victoria and David.

First Girls Aloud were the big thing and Cheryl was just a part of it, so she owes to the band what she became later on. But nowadays Cheryl is bigger than the band itself, so the bands owes her that they're still relevant (not saying the band would be over and with no fans, but Cheryl certainly gives the band more fame and keeps the ball rolling). It's the same as David Beckham becoming huge because he married Victoria and later on she was still famous because she was her wife and now they simply compliment each other. Cheryl wuld be no-where right now without Girls Aloud and Girls Aloud wouldn't had lasted that long if Cheryl hadn't become THE celebrity of the group.
schizophonic_spice

Postby schizophonic_spice » 03 May 2012, 20:27

Simon Cowell claims he "created" Cheryl, I guess you could argue that she owes him too.
Javi

Postby Javi » 03 May 2012, 21:03

schizophonic_spice wrote:Simon Cowell claims he "created" Cheryl, I guess you could argue that she owes him too.

She wasn't a solo artist that worked her ass off to get a record deal, released several singles until radios picked her up and became a UK star by her own merits with just her music. So she owes where she is now to a lot of people. Not saying she will owe something to them forever though.
DaniSpiceBoy

Postby DaniSpiceBoy » 04 May 2012, 01:23

TeddyBear wrote:
DaniSpiceBoy wrote:but she is the perfect pop star.
well that's an overstatement... she may be considered great to some extent but she is nowhere near perfect

The Spice Girls weren't either, yet they still were perfect popstars. We all know it's not just about the voice. People like her, brands like her, her records are good enough, she works great on TV, looks beyond amazing and can both, sing and dance. I'm not saying she's the best thing ever, but what she's achieved so far is impressive. She just needs to tour and prove she's got it!
Jay
Mod

Postby Jay » 04 May 2012, 03:07

I think with most artists you could say they owe their success to a certain person / situation.

I think Cheryl had shown signs of being a famous individual before Simon Cowell's help. The "Ashley Cole cheating on Cheryl" thing happened before Simon came into her life. Cheryl meeting will.i.am happened prior to X Factor as well, and obviously that was quite a fateful meeting for Cheryl's solo career. Yes, Simon helped her in a very big way, but 'creating her' is too strong. There's other factors to Cheryl's success story.
onebigfan

Postby onebigfan » 04 May 2012, 10:04

Jay wrote:I think with most artists you could say they owe their success to a certain person / situation.

I think Cheryl had shown signs of being a famous individual before Simon Cowell's help. The "Ashley Cole cheating on Cheryl" thing happened before Simon came into her life. Cheryl meeting will.i.am happened prior to X Factor as well, and obviously that was quite a fateful meeting for Cheryl's solo career. Yes, Simon helped her in a very big way, but 'creating her' is too strong. There's other factors to Cheryl's success story.

Totally agree on that. Will.I.Am definately had an influence on Cheryl's solo career, if anything Simon just gave it a boost.
Paul!
Custom Title: 18...13...9..5..2.0

Postby Paul! » 04 May 2012, 13:38

onebigfan wrote:
wildhope wrote:
IER wrote:

Girls Aloud have always performed live on their tours. If you watch their DVD's back you can tell it's live. That is why so many people like Girls Aloud, not only do they make good pop music but they put on a good show and actually sing live :)

Uh, "What will the neighbours say?" is definitely mimed in some parts, as well as a few songs on their other tours. But yes, most of it they sing live.
TheDoctor

Postby TheDoctor » 04 May 2012, 22:15

Has no one seen the video? :D

I think it's Ok. I think it needed a bit of a storyline so it could relate to the lyrics but hey ho. I was also a bit dissapointed by her dancing - I know a lot of the choreography is her just jumping and shaking about but she didn't seem as sharp and slick as she used to be.
Charmingspice5

Postby Charmingspice5 » 04 May 2012, 22:40

^^

Yeah a lot of us have but it's been discussed in Cheryl's single topic in "Small Talk"
TheDoctor

Postby TheDoctor » 04 May 2012, 22:44

^ Oh right! This is what really confuses me about DenDen. Why have a Girls Aloud forum (where solo endevaours are normally discussed!) and then have an extra topic in small talk :dizzy:
Charmingspice5

Postby Charmingspice5 » 05 May 2012, 06:06

CSweet7 wrote:^ Oh right! This is what really confuses me about DenDen. Why have a Girls Aloud forum (where solo endevaours are normally discussed!) and then have an extra topic in small talk :dizzy:

I'm not surprised. Usually a user who never uses or looks at the individual artist forums will create one in small talk and that usually ends up being where most information is discussed and the actual artist forum is hardly used like w/ Britney, Christina, Gaga & Madonna.

Return to “Girls Aloud”