I remember Keisha DM'ed me about the Suga drama...

Seven hours since you posted away, eleven coffees, Sugababes on play...
Jay
Mod

Re: I remember Keisha DM'ed me about the Suga drama...

Postby Jay » 04 Apr 2012, 02:24

I'm not even sure I understand the point of this argument. Let it be, guys.
dbomb12

Postby dbomb12 » 04 Apr 2012, 02:29

I wasn't really trying to argue just trying to state my point but you can't flog a dead horse so I'm done!
Mikerecords
Previous username(s): -Mike-
Custom Title: The 004

Postby Mikerecords » 04 Apr 2012, 09:26

Let's just talk about the DM..
THE sequel to GEM's "Song For Her"...
Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XeKNs7v1ONA
The 'Song For Me' release date is scheduled for May 16.
The single will be released on online channels including Amazon, iTunes, Spotify, Beatport and more.

http://www.instagram.com/the004official
TheDoctor

Postby TheDoctor » 04 Apr 2012, 09:56

I agree!

But can I just say, in the future I'D quite like to be able to post my opinion on something without being labelled as something and have everything I say discredited because 'I'm a Heidi fan'.
dbomb12

Postby dbomb12 » 04 Apr 2012, 18:14

ugh it wasn't everything you said but back to the DM...

I'm sure if the management/record label hadn't put a gag on her she would of told everyone what had happened, but my thing is if Keisha was the "bully" why would you put a gag order on her so she couldn't speak about it, it seems very fishy to me.
TheDoctor

Postby TheDoctor » 04 Apr 2012, 19:21

I'm surprised she hasn't revealed her version of events yet. She got dropped by Island and later sued them, and I think she also sued Crown for unfair dismissal - so it's not as if she'd get in to trouble with anyone!
tommie

Postby tommie » 04 Apr 2012, 19:35

CSweet7 wrote:I'm surprised she hasn't revealed her version of events yet. She got dropped by Island and later sued them, and I think she also sued Crown for unfair dismissal - so it's not as if she'd get in to trouble with anyone!

More than likely she signed a confidentiality agreement since they settled out of court.
dbomb12

Postby dbomb12 » 05 Apr 2012, 18:16

I remember her doing the Fabulous magazine and they asked her why she was kicked out and she said she would love to tell them but they've put a gag order so she can't speak on it publicly or something like that can't remember it was a while back.
dbomb12

Postby dbomb12 » 05 Apr 2012, 23:47

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

I wanted to find out why Keisha hasn't spoken out so I asked her on twitter and she replied...
schizophonic_spice

Postby schizophonic_spice » 05 Apr 2012, 23:50

The truth indeed
tommie

Postby tommie » 05 Apr 2012, 23:52

I love it when Keisha goes shady!

She was tricked out of the group by the snakes, that much is obvious.
wildhope
Previous username(s): crashworld

Postby wildhope » 06 Apr 2012, 10:31

For all we know, all of them are silly little childish girls who think they are still stuck at the "kids playing at the playground" phase. We don't know them personally and don't know what exactly happened. I will take it all of them (bar Jade and probably Siobhan) play a part in creating the mess.

Let's just move on with anticipating the new music from 1.0 and hopefully 4.0 will come back at some point of time.
IT'S NOT THE END OF THE WORLD (at least not yet, LOL!)
TheDoctor

Postby TheDoctor » 06 Apr 2012, 11:41

All 6 of them should just appear on Jeremy Kyle and be done with it. Mutya threatening everyone, Siobhan hiding in the toilets, Heidi crying, Keisha and Amelle going for each other and Jade not having a clue what any of them are talking about.
Mikerecords
Previous username(s): -Mike-
Custom Title: The 004

Postby Mikerecords » 06 Apr 2012, 11:51

CSweet7 wrote:All 6 of them should just appear on Jeremy Kyle and be done with it. Mutya threatening everyone, Siobhan hiding in the toilets, Heidi crying, Keisha and Amelle going for each other and Jade not having a clue what any of them are talking about.

hahahahahaha, Jade doesn't even want to be there
THE sequel to GEM's "Song For Her"...
Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XeKNs7v1ONA
The 'Song For Me' release date is scheduled for May 16.
The single will be released on online channels including Amazon, iTunes, Spotify, Beatport and more.

http://www.instagram.com/the004official
tommie

Postby tommie » 06 Apr 2012, 22:11

Well, Right_Direction on PopJustice gave his take on all the Sugadramas and he's been reliable in the past, so take this for what you will (from 1.0 to 4.0):

London Records were at one stage a major, with quite a healthy roster of artists, but for whatever reason, they folded due to huge debts. I don't know exactly why, but they had struggled for a few years with releasing stuff & not seeing a return.

Their Management Ron Tom was their original manager, but Mark who is the head of Crown Music Management was their main day to day manager right from the beginning, several people who work/worked at Crown, were also employees at Ron Tom's company metamorphosis.

Like a lot of management when it comes to groups, yes they did favour Siobhan over the other two, so did the label. This is not unusual or uncommon with girl groups. They saw Siobhan as "The Star" so she was pushed forward, giving a lot of the bulk lead vocals & was heavily featured in their videos, more so than the other two. This obviously caused friction, particularly with Keisha & ultimately Siobhan walked out.

She didn't leave to go to the toilet, she did leave during an interview though, but they knew after that interview, that Siobhan was already on a plane on her way back to London & had left the group.

The group were then told they possibly would be dropped from London Records & that the planned 5th single was scrapped.

Ron Tom then set Mark a task of finding a replacement, there were several girls in line, it was whittled down to just five, who then went on to record some demo's where their vocals were added to songs already recorded by Mutya & Keisha (some of these songs possibly had Siobhan on them at one stage), the girls then chose Heidi, who was then invited to a face to face audition to see if she would fit in.

She was in the group for only a few weeks, then London Records sent off a lawyers letter to Ron Tom, saying that they were dropping Mutya & Keisha from the label but were retaining Siobhan as a solo artist, as they couldn't see the group being successful without Siobhan. Not long after that, Siobhan sacked Ron Tom as her manager & he sued her, he won & Siobhan had to pay a substantial amount of money to him for breaking her contract.

Ron Tom has said that he felt that they still had that quality with Heidi in the group that they had with Siobhan, but he would also go on to almost completely dismiss Amelle & the way she was brought into the group years later.

They then signed onto Island Records & as we recently found out, upon signing with Island, the label did NOT buy the rights or trademark the groups name, nobody officially owned it.

Sometime in 2004/2005 Ron Tom, who was pretty much quite hands off at this point, closed his management company, the girls went with Mark to his new company.

Their Parents (Mutya's in particular) were heavily involved in the beginning at London Records, Mutya's dad continued to overlook things during the Angels era, sometime after that & before Three he took a step back & let their management get on with it.

Nobody really knows the real reason why Mutya left, there have been many rumours ranging from postnatal depression, problems with the other girls, problems with their management & their new approach over the group to Mutya having "issues" in her personal life that I'm not going to get into as its against forum rules.

Amelle was then brought in, who had been managed by Crown for several months, they had been trying to get her signed as a solo artist, but couldn't get her a deal. Mark knew Mutya was going to probably leave, so if newspaper reports are to be believed, had Amelle in the wings just waiting, learning & re-recording tracks from Taller. I honestly believe that Mutya set the wheels in motion long before she left, I also believe that the girls were fully aware of this.

Unlike with Heidi, the remaining girls didn't have a choice of who replaced Mutya & were basically told "this is the new girl". This really did seem the start of Crowns controlling grip over the group, who now seem to treat them as employees. I also believe that Amelle was never on that original Island/Universal contract, as she came into an existing contract & an album that had already been released & judging by other girl groups who have been in similar situations & later revealed that as "the new girl" they were a salaried employee of their respected record labels. Also as Mutya still retained her royalties, this is another reason why I think Amelle wasn't on their record contract until it was renewed after the Overloaded campaign when they resigned with Island/Universal.

The whole Keisha ousting thing is a funny one. Yes Amelle did leave & she left that week she "went missing" & not the week it was put in the paper that she left because of Keisha. I also DO NOT believe that Heidi sided with Amelle, thus breaking the group up. Amelle can tell people that's what happened, but she isn't exactly the most reliable person when it comes to telling the truth & I believe that was a story concocted by their management to try & say the group legally didn't exist any more A) In order to force Keisha out of the group & B) to stop any potential law suites.

They put Keisha on a plane back to London making her believe the group had disbanded, when in fact they had not, she later sued Heidi & their management, where it was settled out of court.

The rumours of a possible return of Mutya after Amelle left were true. Mutya was approached by someone at the label about a possibility of returning. Keisha put that to them as she didn't want the group to end, she was fighting to stay & saw that as a more viable option than bringing in Jade. However Heidi said no to that & Mutya said she wasn't interested as there were too many issues in the group.

I do believe that Keisha saying no to Jade may have been more of her "downfall" than Heidi allegedly siding with Amelle, thus ousting Keisha from the group & Jade replacing Keisha instead of Amelle.

Read more: http://www.popjustice.com/forum/index.p ... z1rIDscu9T

I think had Mutya said yes, Heidi wouldn't of had much choice.

The label were furious with Crown & told Mark to sort the situation out "or else".

I don't think Mark had any intention of allowing Mutya back either, he told me that she had "become impossible to manage" towards the end of him being her manager & they didn't exactly part on great terms (he didn't even tell her face to face he was terminating her management agreement with Crown).

Read more: http://www.popjustice.com/forum/index.p ... z1rIFdZAfw
schizophonic_spice

Postby schizophonic_spice » 06 Apr 2012, 22:39

All very interesting especially the part about Mutya returning in 2009

I guess we will never know the real truth though.
mysterious
Custom Title: lets go eskimo

Postby mysterious » 06 Apr 2012, 23:43

I loved this insight revelations, even though I'm taking it all with a pich of salt. But I guess many parts of this are actually true, specially the part about Heidi not exactly siding with Amelle. that shows how "true" their friendship may be.
schizophonic_spice

Postby schizophonic_spice » 06 Apr 2012, 23:47

I genuinely believe Heidi and Amelle to be close friends myself.
Jay
Mod

Postby Jay » 07 Apr 2012, 03:50

mysterious wrote:But I guess many parts of this are actually true, specially the part about Heidi not exactly siding with Amelle. that shows how "true" their friendship may be.

Exactly. It's business first, "friendship" second. Which I'm sure isn't uncommon with *any* group.

Interesting posts from PJ - thanks for posting!
tommie

Postby tommie » 07 Apr 2012, 12:21

I never once believed that Heidi actually walked or that Keisha was welcoming the idea of having another line-up change - she must've known that it would make her SERIOUSLY look bad and that they would never be able to live it down. Heidi, on the other hand, has never shown such initiative. I do believe she always knew that Jade would be brought in and that the story of her walking was just a way to avoid a lawsuit (which happened anyway).

Just look at the About A Girl video - the stand-ins are CLEARLY meant to be Heidi, Jade and Keisha doubles.
icecream

Postby icecream » 07 Apr 2012, 12:23

Well its obvious from the start heidi did not want mutya back so she sided with amelle. As keisha did wanted mutya back and she had to get rid of keisha and plan something with amelle or heidi wouldnt have no choice and work with mutya.

Either way the way i look at things now the best has come out of it and the original line up are back.

For me aslong its mutya and keisha together that is the sugababes to me.
wildhope
Previous username(s): crashworld

Postby wildhope » 08 Apr 2012, 10:25

Thanks for the interesting post on the Sugababes saga. I shall refrain from commenting that.

However, the idea of having Keisha, Heidi and Jade is a pretty bad idea (although it is likely that this version of 4.0 will still work as the backlash may not be that much and Amelle was already not well-liked then rite?). But the issue is the vocals will not mesh well. Sugababes need 3 distinct voices, low-pitch - Mutya/Amelle, mid-range pitch - Siobhan/Heidie and high-pitch - Keisha/Jade. Having two high-pitch voices in Sugababes would have made the Sugababes' sound weird.

Although I would have wished Sugababes ended at the "Sweet 7" era (I know it's oxy-moronic) so people will not hate 4.0 so much, the next alternative is really to have a Jade-Amelle-Heidi line-up rather than Jade-Keisha,Heidi line-up. Oh well...
TheDoctor

Postby TheDoctor » 08 Apr 2012, 11:52

^ I agree with you wildhope, but aren't Heidi and Siobhan in the the 'higher vocies' catergory? I know Jade can go really high, but Heidi and Siobhan have a much higher range than Keisha - or at least they sing in that range the most.
dbomb12

Postby dbomb12 » 08 Apr 2012, 19:10

Keisha was always the middle voice in the Sugababes however she did some high harmonies in songs because her higher registry is stronger than Heidi's, however Heidi was the higher voice in the Sugababes and Jade's voice suits being high more than middle because she's stronger high so 4.0 is worse than a Jade, Keisha and Heidi lineup because Keisha can handle the middle cause her voice is stronger but the struggle would still be between Heidi and Jade as they are both stronger in their higher registry so Jade and Heidi is the problem really.
tommie

Postby tommie » 08 Apr 2012, 21:26

No combination with Jade would sound properly good. Her voice quite simply doesn't fit, but then again, I don't believe there was much thought-process that went into Jade's arrival as much as she just happened to be available.

Return to “Sugababes & Solo”